Back Twisting With Blind Landings (Help)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello, my name is Kyle.

I have been back twisting for a while and have pretty good air awareness. I used to be able to do 1.5 twists without a problem. Next I worked double fulls but could never land them nicely so my coach taught me to spot my landing right before I landed and hollow out. This really helped my double fulls but now that I am doing 2.5 twists (on tumble track) I cant seem to land them. I tried a 1.5 to get the feel of it but cant land them either. I am mainly hoping someone can give me pointers on blind landings such as in 2.5 twists.

Thank You

don't know how old you are, but these things can take time. the best method is to begin the session with a full. then 1.5's. then 2bles. then 2.5's. then unwind yourself and reverse back to fulls.

blind landing is a bit of a misnomer. it's knowing where to spot. air sense is dependent on your haptic and optic senses working in concert. ask your coach for visual cues, like an exit sign on a wall, or flag that might be hanging, so that you know what to spot depending on what twist you are practicing.

good luck!:)

For any twisting with a blind landing, you want to spot the landing before the final 1/2. So a back 3/2 should be 1/1-spot the landing-1/2. A back 5/2 should be 2/1-spot-1/2. And so on.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back