Back walkover Help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

elite123456

I'm having trouble with my back walkover. I can do it with a spot but when i try by myself i pull out. Does anyone know how to gain trust to myself? Any comments would be appreciated

I had this exact same problem when I was learning back walkovers. I think the way I solved it (I don't remember too clearly because it was years ago) was just doing it over and over with a spot. The coaches would gradually give me less and less help until their hand was just on my back just enough so I could feel it. The way I got my first one by myself was: my coach knew I was scared, so she said she would spot me. She put her hand there but didn't actually touch me. I did it fine, because I thought she was spotting me. Once I realized that I could do it by myself, it got much easier. Just keep practicing!

I had this exact same problem when I was learning back walkovers. I think the way I solved it (I don't remember too clearly because it was years ago) was just doing it over and over with a spot. The coaches would gradually give me less and less help until their hand was just on my back just enough so I could feel it. The way I got my first one by myself was: my coach knew I was scared, so she said she would spot me. She put her hand there but didn't actually touch me. I did it fine, because I thought she was spotting me. Once I realized that I could do it by myself, it got much easier. Just keep practicing!
thank you i will try that

I had the exact same problem.

You know what I did?

I grabbed all my clean laundry and made a giant pile in my room. {My room was big enough to do this, please don't do it in a small space.} I repeatedly did a back bend with one leg up onto the pile of clothes. Each time, I removed one clothing item from the pile until I was doing a backbend with one leg up onto the bare floor. Then I began to do the backbend, pause, then kick over. I kept shortening the pause until I went straight into the kickover and got my back walkover! :D

Sounds crazy, but it worked! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back