Bale on Bars Q

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Any coaches have tips on how to do a bale to handstand? My daughter can't seem to get hers to handstand, not sure if she needs more core strength or needs to slow it down? I do have a video. Any tips appreciated.

To get it to handstand takes time...my daughter did one for about 2 years before it went to handstand

again, a skill that can be dangerous with info not in the hands of the coach. post the vid. but if i communicate info it has to be to your daughter.

My DD has been doing baile drills. She KNOWS they are supposed to go to HS, but can't get it unless Coach is hands on. I think it's just going to take time... some teammates who are doing them still are unable to get into HS position.

I'm trying to post video, any tips on how?! Lol I have an iPhone.
Upload to Youtube. You can set the video to be 'Unlisted', which means people can't search for it on YouTube, but can view it if you provide them with the link to it. If you're concerned about video of your DD on the Internet, you might think about sending it to Dunno via PM so that it's not publicly linked. If you're not as concerned, you can post the link in the thread.

i got your PM. there is nothing wrong with her bail.:) to get to a handstand takes time, spotting and drills.

That's a very solid level 9 routine. I'm sure she'll get it. She's in between horizontal and handstand already.

That's a very solid level 9 routine. I'm sure she'll get it. She's in between horizontal and handstand already.

Ditto gymdog's comment about the bar routine. Watching the video makes it fairly evident she has the ability to do a baile handstand. This skill always seems to take more time than others in it's difficuly level. Probably because it rotates the gymnasts face toward the bar in a way that puts them at the mercy of both rotational and gravity forces, and they compensate by reserving some of their commitment to going completely upside down. So attempts at change usually result in small incremental changes that are imperceptable to everyone but the athlete. Even though it looks like she's stuck at this performance level on this skill, she likely is still making progress.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back