Off Topic BALLET - Dani's Nightingale Pictures

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow! don't they look amazing! Such beautiful costumes! I love the flying monkey beetles..thought they were great and would definitely have stolen the show ;) I bet Dani had an awesome time! I just love her great big smile in all of the pictures! I have to admit...I'm jealous...especially of the cygnet costumes. It would have been my dream come true to wear one of them when I was young! I hope Dani had a wonderful time! It certainly looks like she did :)

Beautiful pics! The costumes are gorgeous! It sure looks like Dani had a great time!

She looks beautiful!!!!:) Looks like a great show and a great time!
My girls are starting a summer dance class this week...all 3 of them! They are so excited!

Thanks everyone!! She had a great time and can't wait to do the next show in December :). She definitely loves performing!! I got to watch the show for today's performance (I usually help backstage), and was in awe of the talent, costumes and the beauty of it all. We got the priveledge of having the county's professional orchestra play the musical score which really made for a fantastic show. I can now see why Team_Dad's daughter chose ballet over gymnastics :). It was a great experience!!!

Hi :) I watched your daughters youtube video of gym meet (progression) My daughter, also started late (9, just one year of competing) what program did your daughter start in? Levels or Prep Opt? I am just trying to find out where we need to get my daughter (maybe a different gym) to go as far as she wants and is capable of going. Her gym now is not interested in really developing a girl unless she is very young and shows "olympic" quality potential. I am so new to this world...Advice?

Oh, by the way, she did fantastic! What progress in such a short time. That is why I am asking for your input on where/how she trains and how many hours a week, too. THanks!

Hi :) I watched your daughters youtube video of gym meet (progression) My daughter, also started late (9, just one year of competing) what program did your daughter start in? Levels or Prep Opt? I am just trying to find out where we need to get my daughter (maybe a different gym) to go as far as she wants and is capable of going. Her gym now is not interested in really developing a girl unless she is very young and shows "olympic" quality potential. I am so new to this world...Advice?

Thanks for the kind words!! My dd started in level 4 and competed with the Mason Dixon League. She is currently a level 5 (and working some level 6 skills) but gets to have optional routines because the MDL starts their optionals at Level 5 (or A). Dani really likes the flexibility and creativity of the MDL, which is comparable to the Prep-Opt program. Their team trains 10 hours a week.

She did 3 years of all star cheerleading before she switched to gymnastics, so she did have some athletic background. For someone your daughter's age, I would suggest a prep-opt program. Only because it is a more flexible program with skills and training time. Also, when kids get to middle school age, mine at least, their interests change (they want to spend more time with friends and doing other school activities). But, your decision should be totally up to you and your dd. Some kids also do very well in the compulsory levels no matter how old they are. It just depends on what your dd wants and if she has any other interests that she wants to split her time between. Good luck!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back