WAG Bar deductions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Not for L5; but at L6, my DD's by FAR worst bars score last season was one where she paused after kips, then casted. Her casts were much higher; but I guess the pauses were considered worse than connecting with a lower cast because that bars score was a full point+ lower than the rest of her bars scores for the season and other than the pauses it looked like a pretty good routine.
Went through this I'm CA last year. The judges were taking deductions for extra swing and counting the kip as a cast as well. In other words, kid did kip with no cast and got hit for that low cast (which was not even a cast nor an attempt) then they deducted for extra swing. Poor judging in my opinion . You can t take a deduction for a cast if clearly no attempt was made or executed. .

Went through this I'm CA last year. The judges were taking deductions for extra swing and counting the kip as a cast as well. In other words, kid did kip with no cast and got hit for that low cast (which was not even a cast nor an attempt) then they deducted for extra swing. Poor judging in my opinion . You can t take a deduction for a cast if clearly no attempt was made or executed. .

What? [emoji848]
This would not happen. Did you go to the judge and ask them and this is what they sad, or are you assuming this is what happened? I mean no offense, but this sounds far-fetched.

Reactions: sce
What? [emoji848]
This would not happen. Did you go to the judge and ask them and this is what they sad, or are you assuming this is what happened? I mean no offense, but this sounds far-fetched.

I can't speak for Coachp, but I can verify that I heard directly from a judge that this was how they were judging this type of routine in Texas two years ago.

I can't speak for Coachp, but I can verify that I heard directly from a judge that this was how they were judging this type of routine in Texas two years ago.
I agree... We were told at one meet where our girls scored particularly low that they were doing that - low cast deduction where there was no cast AND extra swing deduction when they did cast after.

What? [emoji848]
Yes this was the explanation from the judges for which I argued with video evidence. I also pointed out that in the compulsory code failure to cast into a squat on is a deduction. And the definition of no casr is exactly what these kids are doing. So how can a deduction be levied against an athlete in one instance and then the opposite be levied in the next sequence. Needles to say even with presented with facts they did not reverse the decision.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back