WAG Beam question level 7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LJL07

Proud Parent
New to optional levels. DD is working on her beam dismount and is doing 2 foot bhs back tuck for her dismount. Everyone else is doing round off back tuck. The reason coach has her doing back handspring back tuck dismount is because in her case it looks better and more consistent than the round off back tuck. Will the round off back tuck dismount tend to score higher than bhs bt dismount? Or does it not matter? And does she need to master the round off anyways? And I had sort of asked this in a previous post, but does she need to learn the bhs step out? She says it "feels weird" but the 2 foot landing does not? I'm probably going to have lots of questions.

Whichever is cleaner will score better. They don't get bonus for doing one as opposed to the other.
Two feet BHS makes some connections easier… while the step out version makes other connections easier. It will depend on what skills she and her coaches are looking to in the future.

Whichever is cleaner will score better. They don't get bonus for doing one as opposed to the other.
Two feet BHS makes some connections easier… while the step out version makes other connections easier. It will depend on what skills she and her coaches are looking to in the future.
Thank you. That makes sense. I guess that's the great thing about optionals! So the 2 footed bhs isn't any "easier" than the step out or vice versa. Probably she'll eventually get the step out. It's just at this moment she feels more comfortable with the other. And I had heard something about a,b, and c skills and wasn't sure exactly what that meant.

Reactions: sce
Thank you. That makes sense. I guess that's the great thing about optionals! So the 2 footed bhs isn't any "easier" than the step out or vice versa. Probably she'll eventually get the step out. It's just at this moment she feels more comfortable with the other. And I had heard something about a,b, and c skills and wasn't sure exactly what that meant.
Both versions of the BHS on Beam are B skills (as is the roundoff, a front walkover, a front handspring, a dive cartwheel). Level 7 requires 5 A skills and 2 B skills on each event (along with meeting the Special Requirements) to have a 10.0 Start Value. A Backwalkover and a cartwheel (and a handstand) are A skills on beam. There are others though… jumps, leaps, turns, and balances are A or B (or higher).

If it makes you feel better, I have a gymmie that can do a Front Handspring to a step out on floor, but cannot do one to 2 feet (and 2 footed is SUPPOSED to be easier to learn and do), lol.

Both versions of the BHS on Beam are B skills (as is the roundoff, a front walkover, a front handspring, a dive cartwheel). Level 7 requires 5 A skills and 2 B skills on each event (along with meeting the Special Requirements) to have a 10.0 Start Value. A Backwalkover and a cartwheel (and a handstand) are A skills on beam. There are others though… jumps, leaps, turns, and balances are A or B (or higher).

If it makes you feel better, I have a gymmie that can do a Front Handspring to a step out on floor, but cannot do one to 2 feet (and 2 footed is SUPPOSED to be easier to learn and do), lol.
:D:D Why must they be so quirky?! Yes! That sounds like something my DD would do too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back