Coaches Best Equipment in Your Gym!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PalmTree

Coach
What is your favorite/best/most useful equipment/mats/etc that you have in your gym? Our gym has the ability to buy some new equipment or training devices and I wondered what has been most useful to you in training. Thanks!

Then camera and tv so we can see what is happening in there gym from then cafe.

Sent from my CnM Touchpad 9.7 using ChalkBucket mobile app

I love the air floor but this could be hard if you don't have the space for it, we have a harness and bungee for bars but i haven't seen it used excessively, a fold out mat - has so many uses!!!!

I'm a big fan of a bunch of smaller things. I seem to find 100 ways to use each one.

1. Forster Bar --- Forster Bar - training gymnasts - Tumbl Trak - Gymnastics, Cheerleading and Dance Equipment

2. The airfloor is awesome! Air Floor PRO - tumbling bars training portable velcro - Tumbl Trak - Gymnastics, Cheerleading and Dance Equipment

3. I'm a big fan of having as many floor bars as possible http://www.gibsonathletic.com/inven...&CatId={E46871B4-F52E-4330-B732-B6A6EC56AB8E}

4. Oh, and this product is great. I know it's targeted at young kids. But it's even great for upper level kids who are afriad of the beam being too hard when learning skills. http://www.gibsonathletic.com/inven...&CatId={4D062564-7297-404F-A332-DC6B6FBC0AC2}

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the simple things,,,, like, we just got a huge spotting block, (one of the canyon system blocks). So now i don't have to stack blocks and its really sturdy. Best of all, it's so heavy that the beam coaches don't steal it away from bars. :)

.... we just got a huge spotting block, (one of the canyon system blocks)....... Best of all, it's so heavy that the beam coaches don't steal it away from bars. :)

That's a great way of solving two problems instead of one........ unless, of course, you're one of those sneaky beam coaches.

I love our launch pad from tumble trak and our 5 in 1 bar. I think tumble trak is where we got that as well. Both items have so many uses. My other favorite are those red cartwheel blocks. We use them for so many different drills and they are used in almost every lesson plan from preschool up.

Hot bed trampoline.

Oh goodness! So many things I would love to have for our gym if we had the money. Spotting blocks are great and versatile, and like coachp said, always seem to be stolen by another coach right when you need one! Tools for extra stations on bars/beam are really helpful if you have a smaller gym or just one set of bars and a few beams- low beams, floor bars, 5 in 1 bar or kip bar, single bar. All good stuff. Porta-pits/level 4 VT mats are also good things to have for just about any event.

I would have to say the spotting belt! I bought 2 this season. 1 for above the bar and 1 on the beam. I have taught flyaways with the 1 on the bar and good BHS and back tucks with the 1 on beam. I AM 5'2" AND the 1 on the bars has been a life saver. The beam 1 is more of a confidence issue as I can spot on the beam. saw a thread on belts for tramps.... well I am sold!

The rec program I coach at on occasion has an air floor and I can't say I'm a big fan. It's fun for the girls but it's super loud which makes it really difficult to give instructions while using it (or working in close proximity to it), especially if you're not an especially loud person. I think a plain old Tumbl trak serves essentially the same purpose, and I feel like kids are able to transition from the Tumbl trak to the floor easier than the air track. But maybe I just have very mental gymnasts? Though it can't be deflated and rolled up if space constraints are an issue.

It's fun for the girls but it's super loud which makes it really difficult to give instructions while using it (or working in close proximity to it), especially if you're not an especially loud person.

I have never used one of these. How is it loud...when the girls are hitting it?

Its the compressor used to inflate t that is loud - I know it was always a relief when it stops.

Its the compressor used to inflate t that is loud - I know it was always a relief when it stops.

Don't they only take a couple of minutes to inflate?...and couldn't that be done at the beginning of the day...before classes?

No they need the compressor on constantly whilst in use - think childs bouncy castle, as soon as it is turned off they begin to deflate.

Ahhhhhh, Yes ours is the constant blower type, not the blow up topper type.

To quote my daughter " soz" :)

Yeah, I'm thinking about the air trak. Sorry. I have had access to an air floor before and those are nice. I just coached at the aforementioned rec gym on Saturday and was peeved by the difficulty of coaching with an air trak when I read/posted. Terrible nuisance.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back