Parents Beth's cast is off!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

and her pin in out. It was weird--he just wiggled it a little to loosen it and pulled it out. Yes, it hurt (according to Beth).

Good news--she's on weight bearing as tolerated now--in her boot. Bad news (according to her) is that we don't go back for another 2.5 weeks, so it'll be that long before she can do anything again (well, beyond what she's doing--I'm guessing she can do more bars now, but not dismounts).

She and I talked about how even if she only does a few meets this year, it's a short time and better for her to miss stuff now, than to go too early and injure it worse. I think she's okay--but still is hoping in 2.5 weeks she'll get the go-ahead to go all out!

That is great news. I hope the 2.5 weeks go by fast... what is the most optimistic time table to return?

Sean

That is great news, she must be so relieved to get that off/out.

Tell her our girls only ever do 3 meets, so she'll be like a normal Canadian!

Glad her cast if off and hoping she will be back to full strength soon. It is so hard for these girls when they are injured. An optional girl got injured tonight and Abby keeps talking about it. It always is amazing to me the things gymnasts see and they keep going back for what they love.

Lots of healing vibes coming your way.

Sounds like she is on track for a good recovery.I agree on making sure she heals up well before training 100%.It will pay off in the long run.I know it is frustrating though.
There seems to be a few injuries this time of the year at our gym too.They are stepping it up and do several full routines on each event in practice.

That is great news. I hope the 2.5 weeks go by fast... what is the most optimistic time table to return?

Sean

She should be back to practice the 25th--her first meet will be the Chicago meet--mid February--provided she gets her skills back.

That is great news, she must be so relieved to get that off/out.

Tell her our girls only ever do 3 meets, so she'll be like a normal Canadian!

That seems like so much work for just 3 meets! Do all Canadian gyms do that many?

Yay for Beth - I think that you are looking at the situation with a very logical attitude. I agree it's better to wait and make sure she is heeled rather than push it, reinjure it and then prolong the recovery! GL to Beth, I hope she stays on her amazing pace to recovery... ;)

Glad her cast if off and hoping she will be back to full strength soon. It is so hard for these girls when they are injured. An optional girl got injured tonight and Abby keeps talking about it. It always is amazing to me the things gymnasts see and they keep going back for what they love.

Lots of healing vibes coming your way.

I had to laugh--Tuesday I was at the gym early to pick Beth up and heard another girl (she's a level 4) run out to talk to her mom (sitting by me). "Mom! There's a girl out there with an orange cast on her leg and she's doing bars! How can you do bars with a broken leg?? I can barely do bars now!" It was pretty cute how amazed she was.

Glad that cast came off! I bet that first shower was heavenly! If she is anything like Beetle she is going to push the limits the next 2 1/2 weeks! But like Granny Smith said, better to make sure she is 100% healed... (and she doesnt sprain the other foot! hee hee)

Glad that cast came off! I bet that first shower was heavenly! If she is anything like Beetle she is going to push the limits the next 2 1/2 weeks! But like Granny Smith said, better to make sure she is 100% healed... (and she doesnt sprain the other foot! hee hee)

Bite your tongue LOL!

LOL! I know I know! I just seem to think that Beetle and Beth are Kindered Spirits... Are you guys at the Perpetual meet next weekend?

No, but I think some of our younger Hopes girls (competing level 5) are going. Our next meet is Crowley's Winter Challenge. Will you guys be there?

Good Luck to her! So nice to have that cast off (we've been there, done that) - has she been casted before? I know one of the hardest things for my dd was that once that cast came off she expected to be able to do everything she had prior surgery - but in reality it took some time (and phsyio) for her flexibility and range of motion to come back to her (elbow) joint.

Also we are Canadian, and we have always done 5 meet a year, LOL - however, for some reason we are doing 8 this year!! and we are all in a tizzy about it, LOL!

No, but I think some of our younger Hopes girls (competing level 5) are going. Our next meet is Crowley's Winter Challenge. Will you guys be there?

Nope, We will be in Florida for the Sand Dollar meet. I guess we will have to go to Chicago to see you! LOL

Good Luck to her! So nice to have that cast off (we've been there, done that) - has she been casted before? I know one of the hardest things for my dd was that once that cast came off she expected to be able to do everything she had prior surgery - but in reality it took some time (and phsyio) for her flexibility and range of motion to come back to her (elbow) joint.

Also we are Canadian, and we have always done 5 meet a year, LOL - however, for some reason we are doing 8 this year!! and we are all in a tizzy about it, LOL!

Nope, this is her first cast. She's getting excited. Since it's the foot, we're thinking she wont' need physical therapy, but we'll see!

Wow--8 meets! We've got 5 this year--since she's missing 2, that drops it to just 3 meets (plus State, if she makes it).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back