Parents Beth's mock meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

Not the intrasquad--with real judges (that's New Year's Eve), but just with her coaches judging--anyway, it was Saturday. We were not allowed to watch (told by Beth, not the coaches LOL!). With Beth being so stressed, I was a little concerned, but it went well! She did not fall on beam (her strongest event, but she was concerned she'd fall on her series--that she never falls on)--coach (that is really tough scorer--typically the girls get 0.5-1.0 points higher from a real judge than their coach) gave her an 8.6. Bars--she made her top change--no falls--8.7. Vault-made her tsuk, but she said the coach didn't give them scores, so no idea! Floor she was bummed about--she fell on her forward tumbling pass and tough coach gave her a 7.6. So all-in-all, I think she'll be fine in 6 weeks for the intrasquad and she was stop worrying quite so much :)

Sounds like she's right on track! That should really boost her confidence!

Those are great scores for a tough scoring coach. Beth must be feeling a lot more encouraged this morning. Nice to know what to work on and nice to feel prepared.

Those are great scores for a tough scoring coach. Beth must be feeling a lot more encouraged this morning. Nice to know what to work on and nice to feel prepared.

You would think she would be happy--but she's all bummed that she fell on her floor pass--sheesh! Let's try NOT to focus on the negative all the time.

So glad that she made it through her mock meet and did well (despite what she thinks). I hope it will help boost her confidence for the big intrasquad meet. Yes, she definitely needs to learn to think positive some. But some kids are just so hard on themselves.

It's so easy to focus on the bad parts of a meet (like the tumbling pass). These girls are so amazing and they do amazing things all day every day...like all the other great things she did at her meet! Way to go and I am sure she will nail that tumbling pass next time!!!!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back