blind change on bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2gymmies

Coach
Proud Parent
Hi all you wonderful people that know tons of stuff!

My older dd is a Level 8 this season and starting to train blind changes. She is in the very early stages but says it is hard for her to turn. How does the coach determine which arm they turn?! Her regular 1/2 pirouette came pretty easily but her mind is struggling with this one - she says she likes the drills, not the skill.

Thanks in advance!

usually, you let go with hand that you pirouette on. and the same let go hand as the level 5 compulsory. this is because you will pirouette out of the blind to make it a "blind full" or what also is referred to as a "giant full".

nothing is written in stone. i'm sure the coach will experiment with both directions. sometimes, the let go hand that is the correct let go hand may not feel right to the athlete.

and it's "hard" for everyone. she probably means mentally, not physically. blind changes require 6 months to 1 year of consistent work. it will come.:)

Thanks for the quick reply and it is definitely the mental side of it that she is struggling with - it makes sense to me now, but I can see how it might feel backwards to her. She is definitely at the beginning stages, but I love that they are working on them well before they need it. From what she says, she won't "need" it for Level 9 but can use it if she gets it. Thanks again.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back