Brag about dd's GYM!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Canadian_gym_mom

Proud Parent
I have bragged about dd's skills she has been learning, but yesterday was a great night and I wanted to brag about the GYM, mainly the owner and HC.

These women are fantastic. They have developed a real family atmosphere and a sense of pride in the gymnasts.

The girls are generally SO supportive of each other. Many nights there are 3 or 4 competitive groups training at the same time and it always warms my heart to see the older girls cheering for and supporting the younger girls. Even advanced girls will take the time to encourage the Invitational groups, even though the lower level girls might be older in age.

I attribute this to the atmosphere created by the coaching team. The coaches are both firm but fair. They discipline and correct the girls, but never in a degrading or mean way. They are tough when it comes to conditioning and sticklers for form, but also know that the girls need to feel that part of the reason they come to gym is to have FUN.

There are always fun events at the gym, sleepovers, movie nights, parties for every holiday, "new skill Fridays", and games at the end of training once a week - the favourite being Camoflage.

This is a very new gym, created only a year and a half ago, and the owners have worked so hard to establish a different kind of club than was available in this area before, a club that puts the gymnasts first.

That's all. I just feel so lucky to have found this place for dd that I had to share. Part of me wishes it didn't have to be anonymous, but I wanted to share this anyway.

Thanks for reading and I hope that every gymnast can be as lucky to find a gym that feels like home.

I'm happy for your DD to have a nice atmosphere as you've described! :)

Many times, I want to "gush" about my own DD's new gym, but feel it's "silly" when we read so much about coaching/gym problems. My DD's new gym sounds very similar to yours - our gym definitely has a "family" atmosphere. One of the main reasons why we chose this gym was because of the obvious pride and support that the owner and other coaches have shown at many of the same meets that we attended (I had been sort of 'stalking' them for several years but older DD didn't want to change). This gym feels more like home than our previous one (of 7 years) ever did!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back