Parents broken arm

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sportsmom22

Proud Parent
So I'm a little bummed. AB finally was invited to work out with level 5 team this year, after 3 (yes 3) years at level 4. She has always had the skills, but no focus. At our gym, you have all summer and part of fall to obtain the skills for the next level or you can't compete that level. You may stay in the higher level work out group, but you will compete the level where skills are mastered. AB broke her arm Sunday in a golf cart wreck. The last time she broke her arm, she had a cast for 12 weeks. She goes back to the orthopedic surgeon on Friday--thankfully he was at the hospital when we arrived on Sunday. We will know then how long she will be in a cast this time.
I hate this for her! She is sitting out of gym this week completely and probably some of next week. Looks like she will be doing lots of conditioning and her leaps should be awesome! It's going to be a long hot summer for this active girl! We have a pool, but no swimming, she is missing camp next week, and will be limited in gymnastics. Thankfully she still has musical theater and although she can't play the piano for a few weeks, she can still sing and dance! Thanks for reading, just needed to vent to some parents who understand!

sorry to hear! how far up is the cast? My dd and my niece both swam with casts - you just have to be careful about wrapping it right. They have a special cast for the water too, if it means that much to her. There is something about it though, and I cant remember what - maybe it doesn't hold up as well... We didn't get it.

Hopefully the coaches will work with you on the level. If she already has the L5 skills, then it shouldn't bee to much of a problem, though I guess it depends on the cast time and then rehab.

Aw that just stinks. Ask the doctor what she can do with a cast on in the gym. Other than conditioning she might be able to do the dance for beam/floor. As someone else said, also ask about getting her in the pool. That should be doable too.

So sorry to hear about your DD. Hope she isnt in the cast too long this time around. I have also heard about the waterproof casts too. My niece just got one for her 5 yr old dd who smashed her hand with a bowling ball..lol.
Anyway, do keep us updated on how AB is doing.

ughhhhhh. I am so sorry, that is so frustrating for her. I am sure the coaches will get her in the gym doing what she can and hopefully the musical theatre will be a little distraction, too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back