Coaches Camp Games?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I teach ages 3-10 at the local Y. For the life of me I cannot think of fun games that we played in the gym at like sleep overs and such. Is there anything that any of you guys can think of?? I am teaching a camp in a couple of weeks and thought I could have them play a few games.

Thanks!

LONDON BUS

This is a fun game our gymnasts LOVELOVELOVE.

Pair the gymnasts. Then make them decide which one of them is let say strawberry and which one is blueberry. Then ask the blueberries to build a circle. Then the strawberries make a bigger circle (the circle of blueberries is inside of their circle). The blueberries start to run clockwise and strawberries counterclockwise.

Then you yell different words / pairs of words and every one of them have a different position they have to make with their partner (you can tell and teach these before starting the game). The last pair that finds each others and completes the position asked loses and has to leave the game. Then they build up the circles again and start the running again.

These are some words and positions we use:

LONDON BUS: one gymnast in crawling position, another gymnasts in the same position but on the first person's back

SUPERMAN: one gymnast in crawling position, another gymnasts laying on her stomach on the first person's back, superman arms!

BUNK BED: one gymnast laying on her back, another gymnast above her facing opposite direction, stomach downwards. the gymnasts who is under holds the other girl's ankles and the gymnasts who is up puts her hands on the floor (much like a wheelbarrow positon)

MOTHER KANGAROO AND BABY KANGAROO: one gymnasts standing. she reaches her arms in front of her and makes a circle of them. the other gymnasts goes inside of it and makes small jumps

FISH UNDER A BRIDGE: one gymnast in bridge position and another gymnast laying under the bridge "swimming"

MONKEY ON A TREE: one gymnast holds other one, piggyback position. the "monkey" has to make monkey sounds and monkey hands

LONGCASE CLOCK: one gymnast kicks up to handstand. another gymnasts holds her feet and the gymnast in handstand bends her legs and puts them to other gymnasts shoulders. them she releases her hands off the ground. the holder makes the hanging gymnasts rock like a longcase clock.

You can always make up your own positions too :)

We ALWAYS play this game at camps because it's nicer to play with lots of kids rather than group of 10.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back