Parents Chicago Style Meet Level 5 report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
Bug competed Friday at the Chicago Style meet, unlike NW Ohio gymmom having the first session of the day, we were in the last session. Awards took forever and we did not get back to the hotel until 11pm, we ordered delivery for supper and did not end up eating until midnight. Needless to say we slept in and did not make it to our 9:30am brunch reservations at the American Girl Place, but we did eventually get there for shopping. American Girls are my weakness for Bug as they are the only thing that she plays with outside of the gym. Anyhoo, on to the meet:

Vault was first up. Hands way back on the horse and very archy off. 7.900 last place for her age group.

Bars: They are starting to look so much better. The joke last Tuesday was that since Bug turned 9 that day she finally learned to cast. Not to horizontal yet, but at least connecting the cast to the FHC and the long hang kip. 8.700 for 25th place--no medal.

Beam: Her cartwheels during the warm up were so very solid, too bad during the actual routine she dropped her shoulder and fell. After she was done her coach told her how confident she was during the routine, even going into the cartwheel, unlike others on her team. The girls as a whole have been struggling on beam. This was actually the first time that she fell off the beam in a meet outside of her first level 4 meet where she missed her dismount. 8.550--maybe she would have had that first 9 if she would have hit her cartwheel. Oh well this is our season of learning and fun. She did place 19th

Floor: She still needs to work on her split leap. She tends to drag her back leg. 8.700 was her score, good for 18th place.

Her all-around was 33.850, up from the last meet. 26th place, no medal.

I will post the link to You Tube once it is processed.

Barb

What a huge age group, I can't even imagine. Could they not have broken down the groups some? Wow. Solid scores for her first season of level 5! Bummer about the fall on beam, especially when they usually don't fall. She will have that 9 on beam soon!! Tell her congrats!!

oh, so sorry that it ran so late! That's stinks! You could have always bought that $6 hotdog, lol. I can't believe that they charged such outrageous prices and then would accept cash only! How is a family supposed to eat there. A family of 4 would easily rack up $45 in just sandwiches and drinks.

Sorry to get off topic! Bug did great! I'm sure she would have had that 9 on beam. So next time for sure! Those age groups were terrible! They should have had 4 age divisions instead of 3 per session. It was crazy how many kids would be in a group. Tell her she did awesome and I can't wait to watch the video :)

Video will have to come tommorrow, you tube aborted the upload, I have found that I have major problems trying it at night, I will get at it in the morning.

Sounds like she is having some improvements and some challenges. How many were in her group, grouping tend to be big here in the most populated group. Our little our in a group of 40 at thie rmeet next week, but Bigger Bog only has 8 in her group. Bites though.

Glad Bug got to the AG store.

Wow, the age group is insane!

Sounds like great scores at what I hear is a pretty tough meet. Cant wait to see the video.

Too bad about the cartwheel, I bet she nails it next time! What a large category! Sounds like she had some improvements though, can't wait to see the video. Great job Bug!

WOW that is some tough competition and some crazy age groupings!!!! L5 is tough enough without all that craziness.

She had some good scores...that's a shame that the groups were so big, I am sure that has to be frustrating! She is scoring way better than a lot of our L5's!!!!

Sounds like the awards probably took longer than the meet... Sheez....

Progress, progress, progress... That is sometimes all we can hope for. She keeps getting better each meet. It will all come together soon...

sean

Improving every meet--that's a great thing! So---what new things did she get at American Girl Place (ours girls had to stop there too--but Beth was the youngest at 12 yrs LOL! They didn't buy anything but thought the dolls and clothes, etc. were cute)

Add me as another who is not a fan of large age groups! Congrats to Bug on connecting her whole bar routine. I remember the first time Lily did that and I was very excited. Great news that she continues to improve meet by meet. Is there a state meet this season or are you a fall compulsory state? I forget which states are which! I am sure next meet, Bug will stay on the beam and get that 9!!

Meg

OK You Tube has become a major pain in my side, I have attempted to upload the video too many times to count. I am now trying it on Vimeo. I will post the link and password when it gets loaded there.

Barb

She looks good! those are nice score for such a HUGE meet! Although awards did seem to get long. Our session just seemed to DRAG along..

When is your next meet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back