Parents Cincinnati - Coaches Spectacular Meet - suggestions please

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kitkat

Proud Parent
We have a group of girls going down to the Cincinnati meet in January. I was wondering if anyone could suggest some fun things in the area.

The meet is being held at the Northern Kentucky Convention Centre and the group will stay at one of the hotels in the area.

Our club always does one or two team building things while they are on a trip so your suggestions would be great. The girls going are our Level 3-5 - so most of them are on the younger side.

Thanks in advance for your tips.

kat

There are also indoor places with games and other activities -- Dave and busters in Tri county area (mainly games), scene 75 on east side in Milford (games, go carts, putt putt, etc) and now main event in west Chester (games, rope course, bowling, laser tag, etc). Too bad it won't be summer -- kings island and the zoo are great fun! The zoo will be open just not sure how cold it will be.

We have a group of girls going down to the Cincinnati meet in January. I was wondering if anyone could suggest some fun things in the area.

The meet is being held at the Northern Kentucky Convention Centre and the group will stay at one of the hotels in the area.

Our club always does one or two team building things while they are on a trip so your suggestions would be great. The girls going are our Level 3-5 - so most of them are on the younger side.

Thanks in advance for your tips.

kat

I also recommend Newport Aquarium. It is very close to venue and where you will stay. Check out the Northern Ky tank shuttle for transportation....it is pretty cheap and can take you into downtown Cincinnati. Hoffbrau house would be a fun place to eat....they have German band and is kid friendly if you go early. Montgomery inn is a good local rib place just across river.

there are painting places (like Cheers to art) that would be a fun, indoor team activity (they all paint the same picture, but may be hard to get on the plane for home, but maybe they could help you ship them all back to the gym)
I agree with newport aquarium. There is a move theatre in the same complex as the aquarium. The museum center is nice but is undergoing renovation in the children's portion, but they IMAX movie is still open. About a 40 minute drive from there is the ark encounter (very religious and very pricey, but a life size ark)
Someone mentioned dave and busters at tricounty, but one opened in Florence, KY (I think it would be closer and less traffic to get to Florence)
Grater's ice cream and cincinnati chili are "local eats" there is a skyline only a couple blocks from the meet. I think the closest graters is in Ft Thomas on Grand ave or the one in Ft Mitchell on Buttermilk pike.
We live here, but we haven't been to the CGA meet in a few years (despite it being in our back yard LOL) it is a nice meet though and I always enjoyed watching the showdown.

You have gotten some good suggestions. I wanted to add that the showdown on Saturday night is fun to watch! They had trivia beforehand and DD won an autographed Aly Raisman card, which she loved! The Marriot Rivercenter is nice and super convenient.

I also agree with the above suggestion to do the Dave & Buster's in Florence as opposed to West Chester...much easier to get to and actually a bit nicer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back