Coaches Fees - paid for a "bye" session

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Quick question - how many of you pay your coaches for bye sessions? For example - if I coach level 3's at 8AM, then have nothing at the 12:30 session, but have level 4's at 5PM - would you pay for three sessions, or two? Does it matter if it is a home meet, or away? Any info is appreciated!

I think our coaches get paid per session, $60. So, they do not get paid if they are not coaching a session. They, however, get paid per diem at $100 per day for meals.

I'm not sure if you were directing this at parents or club owners, but at our previous gym, each athlete paid a coaching fee on top of the meet fees (coach sharing I think it was called), but at our current gym we do not. The coaches get paid for the sessions they coach.

We pay for sessions worked only. On your bye you are welcome to nap, play on your phone, watch, chat w/ other coaches, leave the venue and run errands, or well whatever.

As athletes we pay registration fees as always, but also pay a specific amount per athlete to cover coaches' transportation, food and hotel costs. It's not usually very much because it's split between many athletes. However, my group is only invitational so all meets are within a 6 hour driving distance usually.

Oh, so the coaches don't have to pay their own gas? Coaches I know do. They have to pay for their own food, or eat whatever little might be provided at the meet. It really is a lot of money to drive to meets.

No, we wouldn't pay for a bye session, we would pay per session. You could easily find yourself paying for 4 or 5 bye sessions per weekend depending on how the comps were set up if you did it that way.

WHat we pay is claculated by the HC per meet, then the parents write a check if they wnt their kid to go. THe hotel, gas, food and sessions are paid. Down time is their time.

a big NO...................
What do you mean? This is what one of our previous coaches told me. Is that bad? In our gym, it appears it does not matter how many girls compete. There appears to be a fixed rate per coach. The $60 is per coach, per session, plus $100 per diem per coach for food and gas. Hotel/commodations is extra if necessary. For out of state meets, I've paid anywhere from $200 to $250 plus the cost of registration which is anywhere from $80 to $125. Curious, dunno, what is wrong with the scenario.

I pay a monthly coaches' fee in additional to the monthly tuition. I pay this set coaches' fee every month, all year long. When meet season rolls around, I only pay the meet entry fee and nothing more.

No our gym doesn't pay them for the inbetween sessions. All coaches costs are covered by the gym not the athletes. Unless it is a far away meet (airplane required) then it is fully fundraised. We are limited to the number of far away meets we can go to because of the budget with the owner buy usally end up going to 3-4 meets that are 3-5 hours away and then multiple within 30 minutes of our club. We don't pay them inbetween sessions because it is there time to do what ever they want, they don't have to stay in the gym.

We pay the tuition, the meet fees and an assessment fee (for 4 month) - this is supposed to cover all those expenses. It does not cover the regionals, easterns, or nationals - that the boosters pay for but the owner has the agreement if we fundraise to pay for those the tuition won't go up to cover those costs. So we fundraise usually for the 4 or so girls and one coach's expense. Covers Airfare if needed for girls and one coach, Hotel room for coach and one hotel room (up to 4 per room) for girls, parking at airport for coach, and rental car if needed. Does not cover meet fees, coaches fees at meet, food, gas - or any expenses they would normally incur at a standard meet.

We paid coaches only for sessions worked, plus mileage and food. Hotel stay only for a 2 day meet (the night in between) or if it's a very early or very late session with a long drive (2+ hours).

What do you mean? This is what one of our previous coaches told me. Is that bad? In our gym, it appears it does not matter how many girls compete. There appears to be a fixed rate per coach. The $60 is per coach, per session, plus $100 per diem per coach for food and gas. Hotel/commodations is extra if necessary. For out of state meets, I've paid anywhere from $200 to $250 plus the cost of registration which is anywhere from $80 to $125. Curious, dunno, what is wrong with the scenario.
Everything you list is pretty standard, except being paid for "bye" sessions. Have never heard of this being done.

I agree with everyone else that said coaches get paid for sessions worked, gas and food. Yeah, I'm sure its not fun to hang around at a meet venue with no kids competing for 4 hours or so, but I've seen many coaches meet up and go out to lunch, go shopping---even take a nap during a bye session.

We pay 1 $100 fee in June/July per gymnast. (this is added into our other fees..USAG fee, team fee, yadda yadda yadda ends up being 360 altogether). We can pay it all in one lump sum..or spread it out over 6 months..paid each month along with the tuition. This will cover the coaches fees through out the season. Most of our meets require the coaches to stay the night both nights..friday and saturday...simply because most our meets are 3 or more hours away. It's just more practicle that way with 8am meets times. The coaches are paid for the sessions they work only. (so if we do not have any girls competing in that session..they go do something on their own). Their hotels are paid for, and they are given a per diem for gas and food.

Our coaches are also only paid per session worked, not for any "bye" sessions. They also get reimbursed for mileage and food cost, hotel if needed. We each pay $300 a piece for booster (coaches) fees for the season, which can be paid at once or in monthly installments throughout the year. This is, of course, on top of all meet fees, USAG membership, leo/warm-up etc. Our team entry fees are paid by the boosters, as are any meet fees for girls going to states/regionals at the end of the season. We do a big fundraiser at the end of the summer to build up the general fund for these extra costs.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back