WAG Coaches Parting Gift

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dmbgymnast

Gymnast
My favorite coach got her dream "real" job, (yay!) but that means she can't coach any more. Her last day is next week, and I wanted to get her a thank you/good luck sort of gift. Only problem: I have no clue what to give her. Coaches- anything you have really appreciated from your gymnasts? Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

A personal card/note or something else that would be meaningful, especially if you've worked with her for a number of years. Those are my favorite gifts. You could get a little something to go along with it based on her likes and what the new job is- something like a coffee or restaurant gift card to make life with a new job easier, especially if it means longer hours. Places that are convenient to her house/job.
Or something fun to give her a break from the new job- just make sure it's something she actually likes! Movie gift cards are good for coaches who like movies, but they're up there on my list of least useful gifts as I'm not a movie watcher. Target and Amazon gift cards are pretty generally useful for most people, but perhaps less personal. My favorite gifts, besides personal cards/notes/pictures, are the ones that show the gymnast knows something about me beyond my life in the gym. So for me, my gymnasts know I'm crazy about my dogs and animals in general, so when they draw me pictures of animals or buy treats for my dogs at Christmas it really speaks volumes to me. So if there is something your coach really loves (books, pets, fancy nails, movies, good food, coffee), go with that.

Love Molly's idea above! One of my co-coaches put together a scrapbook when I moved last fall. It included hand written notes from my (now former) gymnasts as well as photos of me with my gymnasts at different events (competitions, sleepovers, water park, etc.). It's by far my favorite gift! If you want something just from you I would definitely do a hand written thank you note, maybe on the back of a photo you have with the coach.

Get the team to each write something in a decorative memo book. Does the coach bring a water bottle or is she a coffee drinker? You could get her a new quality water bottle or quality coffee mug. Does she have any favorite things she always does? Try to make the gift personal.

Write her a heartfelt note with details about how she's made a difference in your life. When I used to work with kids, I valued those notes more than any other gifts I got from my students.

When I left the gym I had worked at for many years, the girls put together a scrapbook for me. Each girl made a page with pictures, memories, and/or messages. That was super meaningful and I still cherish it.

One year I made a personalized travel mug for dd's coach. She's a big coffee drinker and is always running from one job to another. I made it on shutterfly, used pics of the gymnasts with her.

I love this. The pictures on something she will use. That is thoughtful on many levels.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back