Code of Conduct Policy for Parents and Gymnasts?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey All!

Can any of you tell me whether or not your gym club has a code of conduct policy for parents and gymnasts to sign? And could you describe in detail what that might consist of? Thanks in advance.

yes. and most use the USAG version. you can find it at the home site. sorry, i don't have time to look for it at the moment.:)

here you go...you're welcome in advance. go this link, go to the bottom of the page where the heading states "a parents guide to general competition-section 7. several sections for review.:)

http://www.ilusag.com/Rulespolicies2010-2011.htm

So, You Made The Team
· Meet Etiquette for Gymnasts and Family Members
· Gymnastics Scoring Guide for Spectators
· How does the Illinois State Committee arrive @ State Series
Schedule
· Other Useful Information
· Code of Ethics and Rights & Obligations of
Gymnasts
· Junior Olympic Competitive Program
· Mobility Between Levels
· Competitions
· Awards

· A Final Note

Without digging ours out I know it states:
Athletes are to treat coaches, teammates and athletes from other clubs with respect.
Parents are not to disparage the host club at a meet, are encouraged to cheer for all athletes regardless of club affiliation, are to speak kindly as you never know whos is sitting within earshot at a meet.
Further, that all grievances should be brought directly to the coach or owner and that publically disparaging the coaches or the program are cause for immediate removal from the team.
And that although winning isn't everything striving to do your best is. So the gymnast should attend all practices, all competitions, eat well, stay hydrated, take adequate sleep and finish all assigned tasks. Athlete should tell the coach if they are unable to finish an assignment (ie cheating on conditioning)

There is more but that's the meat and potatoes.

Thanks for the replies! Those comments were very helpful. And thanks for taking the time to find and provide the links, dunno.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back