WAG Colleges and gymnastics teams

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Rugby is very much an up and coming sport. There are more and more club teams every year, but also more are becoming school sports with scholarship opportunities. I see the increase happening mostly in small schools though which is interesting.

It's frustrating that there are not more opportunities for gymnasts to compete at the collegiate level. They are hands down some of the most fit and committed athletes out there. My DD currently trains more hours at the age of 11 than I did as a division 1 college soccer player. Crazy!

Yeah but they raised like $60,000 though so I wasn't sure how that would/has affected it. Ultimately I guess the point is without it there are almost no more programs on the east coast.

"Temple gymnasts deserve better. They are the winningest men’s program at TU, and have a history of excellence. I don’t understand why TU won’t reinstate the program as an official NCAA team if the funding is there, but I guess the gymnasts will have to take what they can get. My concern would be that the gymnasts would find it too difficult to maintain funding on their own and the program would eventually collapse anyway."

They have raised about $60k, but they had to raise a lot more than that and they are no where near whatever that number is that is why they will be continuing as a club sport.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back