Coolest gift from a meet/ fundraiser idea

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Today, when my daughter got out of the shower, she wrapped herself in a towel that she got as a gift from one of her meets (which was embroidered with the meet info). This is her favorite towel in the world and she points that out regularly. I thought it was certainly a way better gift that the t-shirts that she gets from every meet and would be a great fundraiser for a gym. Have any of you seen similar non-traditional gifts from a meet that might translate well into a fundraiser?

I have a towel from a meet, love it! One meet I went to gave out beanie hats with the meet info on them, they were pretty popular. One meet we got small, polyester squishy throw pillows, with the meet name on them. My favorite was a fleece blanket, practical, fun, and a nice memento that will last a long time!

dd had a towel on most recent meet along with a draw string bag - both popular.
favourite seemed to be a 'boot bag' - if you know what i mean? the sort of zip up bag you might put sport shoes in? - or any gym paraphernalia!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

At the spring state meet they gave out beany/squishy pillow type dolphins and a swim noodle (ocean theme). All the little girls loved them and she now takes the dolphin to all her sleep overs.

fleece balnket, draw string bag(i use everyday as I have to bring and carry my gym clothes around school), water bottle, reusable bags.

For a fundraiser a lady made leos for build a bear bears or american girl dolls that matched the team leos for all the teams competing at the meet. It took a little time for the leos to be sent to everyone who ordered but they were a hit with the younger girls!!

For a fundraiser a lady made leos for build a bear bears or american girl dolls that matched the team leos for all the teams competing at the meet. It took a little time for the leos to be sent to everyone who ordered but they were a hit with the younger girls!!

My daughter would freak out!!!

Blankets and t-shirts :)

OOOH. JUST GOT AN IDEA. How about a "gymnast survival kit"? You could put things like hair elastics, a scrunchie, glitter, wrist bands, tape, deordorant ;), butt glue, coupon for leos if a leo vender comes to the meet, nail polish remover, etc. in a grip bag or ziploc.

You could get a lot of things such as hair elastics at the dollar store. I went pretty extreme in my example but something like that, only smaller.

At a home meet at my gym once they gave out embroidered scarves :) and at that same meet every year they have a bunch of concession stands and at one of them they will embroider your name and the meet info into like a pillow or something that they sell, I don't quite remember exactly what they sold but it was soooooo cute!!!!! And I like the drawstring bags too, I've had a bunch of those from meets and they come in really handy for carrying my gym clothes and other sports gear to school!

In a couple of weeks we're doing a "Design Your Own Leo" fundraiser through Melody Leotards. I'll let you know how it goes.

My dd got a pair of gymnastics shorts at a meet this year and I was thrilled. Something she actually needed! She got a beach towel one time and still uses it. Also a large water bottle that she takes to practice every day that she has been using for over a year now. A grips bag would be nice.

We did a fundraiser that was specialty pasta shapes(holidays, sports, college teams, etc). It did really well! We decided to give the gymnastics pasta as a gift at our meet (was really inexpensive because we ordered so much) and we wrapped scrunchies around the pasta bags. It was cute and the girls really liked it. Actually, I think the MOM's liked it the best, lol!!!

we did seat cushions once, although I think parents liked it better than the gymnasts. We go to meets and see all these people with our cushions that are not from our gym.....lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back