WAG Curious score opinions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sce

Proud Parent
Every time I begin to think I understand scoring, then I get confused again. I know, I should stop trying but well ...
I am curious what others think this level 4 bar routine would score. I will tell you the actual score once I get opinions; parents, coaches, judges really happy to hear from anyone. Honestly, it is just curiosity. My dd worked hard this season and improved so much. So I am super proud of her regardless of scores.

My dd guessed around an 8.9-9.0. She's a level 4 also. She pointed out a few things that she thought would be deductions, but she really doesn't know much about what the actual deduction amounts for different things are.

I thought she looked great!

8.6-8.8 according to my ODD.. She starting listing deductions, but I stopped her after cast height, cast height, and leg desperation..

Looks a lot like my daughter's level 4 routine last year and she usually gots 8.8 or 8.9 but tends to be a little faster.

I got an 8.9:

Kip- .1 arms
Cast- .05 body position, .1 arms, .05 lack of control
Cast squat on, jump- .2 legs, rhythm
Kip- .05 glide height, .05 arms
Cast- .05 height, .1 body position
Underswing- .1 body position
Swing turn- .1 failure to complete half turn prior to re-contact
Landing- .15 body position

I am guessing somewhere between 8.4 - 8.9. I'm going with a big range because some of the deductions I saw were ones that judges can hit hard or easy, depending on what the particular judge wants to see in a Level 4 bar routine.

Issues I saw:
Bent arms on kips
Cast heights on both casts (not sure it hit horizontal because body position was archy)
Leg separation on squat on
Loose legs in general/lack of hollow body position
Piked tap swings (both directions)
Low chest position on landing as well as leg separation
General rhythm issues throughout

It's hard to figure out what the routine would score because so much becomes the judgment of the judge you had scoring, and their mood. It is a solid routine (I would be shocked if it had scored below an 8.0) but it is not the most confident routine, if that makes sense.

I'm attaching a video of old level 5 bar routine (not exactly the same current level 4, but close) that gives a great primer on what a superior bar routine looks like at this level.

Your daughter should be proud of the hard work she has done to make her bars good and keep working to make them great. Best of luck for the rest of her season!

I'm no expert but I would say low 9's 9.0-9.2 range. Overall it was a very nice routine. The only thing that really stuck out to me was the landing, her chest was really low. But other than that, just small things here and there! She has really nice lines on bars!

So she got an 8.7. It was by far her best routine all season, and her not as great routines scored close to and once higher than this one. Scoring meet to meet is so different.

8.6-8.8 according to my ODD.. She starting listing deductions, but I stopped her after cast height, cast height, and leg desperation..

Wow- between autocorrect and typing on my phone I am just sunk! That was meant to be cast height, cast shaping, and leg seperation. My goodness- good thing we aren't scored on posts!

Anywho, my DD was right on it! She wants to judge, too... Scoring can be so inconsistent, or at least seem that way.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back