Parents DD's Final Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, she had a great final meet. She hit 4 for 4. Scores were ridiculous. She had a clean bar routine could have had bigger casts, but this is nothing new and got an 8.4 I think. She usually scores 8.9-9.2.

Beam (her best event) she was cautious - nothing too big - took her time and went through clean. 9.325

Floor was beautiful. Gorgeous FHS, Gorgeous leaps, a little leg separation on 1st BHS, but got an 8.575 :eek:

Vault - a little piked (but this is a girl what wouldn't even run when we left Parkettes. She got an 8.35. Her teammate in the same age division, who had an 8.1 placed but she didn't. But awards were screwed up the previous day as well. And our Coaches were coaching the next session already so weren't there to dispute anything.

She was annoyed; but not heart broken.

Her words: "it wasn't my best meet, but I felt good. I was a little sad but happy at the same time."

We will see what is next. I will help her to heal some of this built up anxiety and do recreational dance for the spring and see what she would like to do with her summer/fall. I know all our kids our wonderful. But when I see my sweet little girl, I just want to see a happy, well, adjusted kid. This is her journey and I am only an advisor. She makes the decisions wherever she can. I'll be there to pick up the pieces if its the wrong one and I'll be there for the next chapters no matter what they are.

Thank you all for being there with us.

Well it is done. I have to say both of my DD's last meets had moments like yours. I tjust served to remind me that whilst I would miss aspects of gym in our lives, there were other aspects that I wouldn't miss at all.

I am just assuming that you are going to keep hanging out with us here??? We have lots of ex gym parents here, including me, soi there is no reason not to.

Wow, I'm even more impressed by her attitude than by her scores. It's tough for kids to be happy when they feel like scoring or placement was unjust. It sounds like she went out on a great note, though. Congratulations!!

Congratulations on your daughter's meet. It sounds like it is a good way to close out this chapter in her life and move on. What a poised and mature young lady she is! What she's learned through gymnastics will always be part of her.

Glad her meet was okay, and that she is happy with her decision. Hope she has fun in her dance adventures. My daughter is looking forward to seeing her former teammates compete this weekend. She said she is happy she is just going to watch and that she does not have to be nervous about competing. Keep us updated on her new adventures.

Sorry that the awards were all wonky. But what a great attitude she had about it all. Sounds like she had a good meet. Just took it nice and easy..and enjoyed it for what it was. I hope she has an exciting adventure in dance..and cant wait to hear all about what exciting roads that leads you down.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back