DD's second level 5 meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter had her second level 5 meet Saturday and it went very well. She started on beam and was looking amazing and then fell off on her cartwheel. I was so proud when she climbed back on and gave the rest of her routine her all. She did not allow it to get her down which is a big step for her. She ended up with an 8.65. She then went to floor and performed a beautiful routine and got a 9.1. Next came vault and I guess her coach lowered it a little b/c she is still having some problems with it. She managed to get a 8.35 up from a score in the 7's at her first level 5 meet. I was very happy with that! Last of all she went to bars and performed a very nice bars routine which gave her a 9.0 and first place! She ended up with first on bars, second on beam, and fourth all around. I am so proud of her and not so much how she placed but how she kept fighting after the beam fall. Nice to see how she is growing and maturing!! It was a good day!

Congrats! A first place and a second with a fall!!! That's a great accomplishment. Again, congrats.

That's wonderful! Congrats to your DD! Seeing improvement and growth is what it's all about! And WTG on getting back up there and finishing strong on beam - I completely understand about those kinds of moments being your proudest. In the end those are more meaningful sometimes than placements. Awesome placements though, too! Well done!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back