Coaches Dealing with Jealousy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

BeamPrincess

Coach
Judge
I have a group of girls - level 4-6 and ages 7-19!

This issue is with my 11 year olds. They are very jealous of one another. Now I have emphasised that everyone progresses differently and each has their own strengths and weaknesses etc... but it seems out of control at the moment.

One girl is jealous of another but then when she gets something new she treats everyone else poorly like they are no good. Then the other gets upset etc...

Not really sure how to explain it all - but basically how can I get the group to be genuinely happy with where they are at and deal with the jealous feelings????

Well,,, That will always be in the kids minds. HOWEVER; we have a rule in the gym, and the rule is. YOU WILL GET ALONG WITH EVERYONE,,, PERIOD. Simply put, if you are not treating everyone like a team member, then I have no place for you on our team. That usually does the trick.

Turn yourself into the enemy for a week, then sit them all down on Friday to tell them you can do that every week of the year until they all support each other.

Lectures..... forget it. Dish up an adult version of their behavior, and they just may "get it."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back