WAG Differences between L6 and L7 Beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
Can someone tell me the added requirements for beam when going from L6 to L7?
I know a connection and flight, but are there also needed more A or B skills? or could someone compete a minimal L6 routine with just adding the connection and flight, and no extra skills?

Thanks!

Biggest difference I saw (I can't keep track of requirements) is most girls did a bwobhs (although there were still a few that did bwobwo) and most did a robt for dismount, but some did cwbt or just ft). There might be other requirements that I'm not aware of.

The best thing out there is the level 6-8 cheat sheet. Has all the requirements and deductions. I don't know how to link it but you should be able to do a quick google search. There's one for level 9-10 also.

Hope this helps :)

The best thing out there is the level 6-8 cheat sheet. Has all the requirements and deductions. I don't know how to link it but you should be able to do a quick google search. There's one for level 9-10 also.

Hope this helps :)
I will consult Coach Google for the cheat sheet - thanks!

Next question:
is a handstand on beam an A or a B? (L7 does indeed need an extra B skill in addition to the connection and the flight.)

(DD is most likely repeating L6, but it's not a definite yet. HC is having her try to get her HS back into beam (she's got a huge fear), and I was figuring that was in anticipation in case she manages to get her L7 skills. So if the HS is a B, then I've got it right).

Thanks!

I believe handstand on beam is an A. There are a lot of good options for B's though, I think split jump, straddle jump and pike jump are all B's. And if she has an round off in her routine or a dive cartwheel, both of those are B's I believe. If you are looking for options other than a BHS, FWO and FHS are also B's. There may be some "B" dismount options as well to get that extra B skill but not 100% sure which ones qualify.

I believe handstand on beam is an A. There are a lot of good options for B's though, I think split jump, straddle jump and pike jump are all B's. And if she has an round off in her routine or a dive cartwheel, both of those are B's I believe. If you are looking for options other than a BHS, FWO and FHS are also B's. There may be some "B" dismount options as well to get that extra B skill but not 100% sure which ones qualify.

So if she does a round off as her flight, that could also count as a B skill? It doesn't have to be "in addition to"?

So if she does a round off as her flight, that could also count as a B skill? It doesn't have to be "in addition to"?

Yes ma'am it does count as one of the "B" skills!

We had an L7 do this routine last year
Mount, full turn, split jump/straight jump, cartwheel round off connection, back tuck dismount. Always scored in the 9's as long as she stayed on the beam and didn't miss the connection.

In level 6, you need 6 skills: 5 As and 1 B.
In level 7, you need 7 skills: 5 As and 2 Bs.

Both levels need a 180 split or leap.
Both levels need a full turn.
In level 6, you need any A dismount. In level 7, it needs to be a minimum A dismount with a salto or aerial (in other words: "Look ma, no hands!")
In level 6, you need just one acro skill (that's something that goes upside down and starts and finished on the beam: handstand, cartwheel, walkover, back handspring, round-off). In level 7, you need two acro skills that are connected AND an acro skill that has flight. This is the biggest difference.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back