Parents Dingy White Competition Leo

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Beesneedles

Proud Parent
Hello! This is my first year as a competition parent. My daughter is 7. Of course our comp leos have white sleeves. Hers is very dingy - almost like there's makeup in the fabric, especially along the sleeves. I have washed it per the instructions using the hand wash setting on my machine, but it is still dingy/dirty looking. Any suggestions as to how to get it back to its vibrant white again? Thanks!

My daughter has a white mystique fabric comp leo with turquoise around the neck. It looked really bad after a couple of wearings. I filled the kitchen sink half full with cold water and put in a whole scoop of oxiclean and put the leo in and swooshed it around for a minute and took it out and rinsed it in cold water and it looked like new. My sink looked great too.

No help, I just hate white. My sarcastic side says give it the person who picked it to clean :D

Mystique does NOT do well with oxyclean (it deteriorates it). It breaks down the foil coating. No real suggestion as DDs comp Leo has one white sleeve and honestly, I just spot wash it most of the time because the colors will likely bleed into oneanother. When I do wash the white part, just regular detergent, no softener, hand wash and try to not scrub too hard.

Can you contact the company who made it for suggestions? I know my DD's is hand wash only with salt water, no detergent, lay flat, etc. it's a chore! So, if you did what instructions say and that happened, maybe they have a suggestion to fix it? Hers can't be the only one.

any white leo will bleed, they are a nightmare and even rubbing will dingy the under arms. They look lovely in the catalogues but that is about it unfortunately

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back