WAG Dislocated elbow :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Katie123

Coach
Gymnast
So i dislocated my elbow whilst at a meet a couple of weeks ago. 3 ambulance called in one day :/ haha not a good day i think we can say at the least- one was me and my elbow, one was a girl pinging off the bars in front giants and the other was a girl who did her acl on the vault

Anyway i was wondering if anyone had ever dislocated their elbow before and if they had what their recovery was like? :)

Also does anyone know any good supports for elbows :)

12 to 15 weeks to full recovery if it was a clean dislocate. and you shouldn't need any supports if you make a full recovery.:)

DD dislocated her elbow, as well as fractured her humorous near the elbow. She had a screw placed, and 8 weeks later had only very minimal restrictions in the gym. Her time to recovery may be less than Dunno's suggestion because of the time spent in a cast. No support was needed (this made me nervous, but both DR. and PT said no). Don't worry, the time will pass quickly. This is a great time to work on floor dance, and low beam leaps and turns.

I dislocated my elbow when I was a teenager. It popped back in very easily, I was off it for...probably not long enough.

It's fine now.

(dislaimer: I am hypermobile.)

dd dislocated her elbow. Out entirely for 2 weeks, no hanging for another few then off her hands for a few more. She was very young (7) and hypermobile so her coaches kept her from back tumbling for almost 6 months while they strengthened and trained her mind body to only straighten to "straight". She just turned nine and hasn't had any issues with it since (knock on wood).

No brace (dr and pt said no no), but she did use KT tape for awhile to help with the neuromuscular stuff. I guess they used it as a reminder to stop because it would feel a certain way if she went too far. It also helped her feel more secure as she got back into it.

Thanks for all the replies :)
i did it 3 weeks ago and have had my cast off for a week now!:) as soon as i got my cast off i was allowed back in the gym to do conditioning, leaps, spins and ariel cartwheels (on low beam), i can almost get it straight now, well after i do my exercises its almost straight but then after a while it will stiffen up again, so i just have to repeat my exercises again haha!:p
anyway thanks for the replies!:)

Oh also one other question....
i did mine on bars and now, even the thought of going on the bars at all makes me feel sick in my stomach, does anyone know how i can get over this? :)

Thanks for all the replies :)
i did it 3 weeks ago and have had my cast off for a week now!:) as soon as i got my cast off i was allowed back in the gym to do conditioning, leaps, spins and ariel cartwheels (on low beam), i can almost get it straight now, well after i do my exercises its almost straight but then after a while it will stiffen up again, so i just have to repeat my exercises again haha!:p
anyway thanks for the replies!:)

Oh also one other question....
i did mine on bars and now, even the thought of going on the bars at all makes me feel sick in my stomach, does anyone know how i can get over this? :)

yes, eat a couple Oreo's and drink a tall glass of milk...and then get on with your recovery. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back