WAG Dunno, is this you?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
There is a old thread on here with an extensive history lesson by Dunno.

Holy buckets.... I have watched the video at least 15 times and just cannot understand how any human can do that?! It just doesn't seem possible?!? This sport is amazing and the athleticism is sincerely unbelievable. WOW!!

@dunno | I am not trying to make things up. I actually didn't know that it has been landed prior to Aaron Cook. I certainly wouldn't have made the statement that he was the first if I had known he wasn't. Then again, how would I have known? Aaron's is the only video I've ever seen of the skill being completed successfully on a floor surface. Perhaps you could enlighten me (and the rest of us) on who were some other successful performers of this skill, and maybe some videos of others (if any exist). I WANT to know my history. So, school me. I'm learning more and more about this amazing sport everyday, and I'm glad you told me that I was wrong. I certainly wasn't trying to make up false information though, I just had no idea!

this is what you stated: "He's also the first person to land a standing double back tuck on floor."

need i say more? don't make factual/authoritative statements if you don't know for certain.

in the old days, we didn't have technology like you do now. we only had 8mm and 16mm black and white film. more and more tape from that era is being restored and posted. a lot of this film dry rotted and can't be restored and has been lost due to time. if i see any i will post it up.

i have already posted here video from when our generation, including me, did triples and quads off swinging rings on the beaches around America. Mark Davis was the 1st to perform a quad off rings that were swinging on to sand. this video also shows us screwing around off swinging rings in to a buddy's swimming pool in California. the video i presented here also shows me and a lot of my old friends performing on trampoline AND doing double backs on sand.

do you know what a horsehair mat is?? :)

i did my first standing double back in 1971. on horsehair mats.

Was that when you were teaching kinder gym, or taking it??

Just saying I had a group of kinders that could do double backs on resilites....... rolls that is.:D:D

I was at the '78 gymfest and that guy in the blue shirt looks pretty familiar, and if he is the same guy I watched, and you're a part of the group...... well it's nice to meet you again.

Wow. I know to brace myself when the slow motion kicks in...
Thanks for sharing. Very entertaining.
When my son is old enough I'll make sure he doesn't watch these :)

I'm loving the suggested videos at the end. It's mostly showing me more of the same, but I have a quad bike video, something with Arnie on a street somewhere and a ballet thing coming up too!

those old videos are so cool. so glad you posted those! muscle beach, late 70s- what a great time and place you lived in as a youngster! i'm jealous!

What a coincidence Gymishome. We have so much in common I wonder if were related. You and I both know how to, and will often sleep. We both are also capable of doing these same things in our sleep...... and only there.

When I pause and consider how few people can do the quad from the swing rings it strikes me that I have that inability in common with every one else on chalkbucket.

Keep up the good work Dunno and you just may unify the entire world. Just think...... for the first time in a very long time there will be world peace..... well maybe.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back