MAG elite qualifications?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
i know i havent started gymnastics yet but i just want to know what do i have to have to qualiffy to be an elite gymnast?

like what skills?
what scores?

i'm thinking maybe you better start working out and practicing gymnastics instead of typing cause your questions are annoying the heck out of me. i can't speak for everyone else here...:)

i'm thinking maybe you better start working out and practicing gymnastics instead of typing cause your questions are annoying the heck out of me. i can't speak for everyone else here...:)

Well you can speak for me...totally agree..

i know i havent started gymnastics yet but i just want to know what do i have to have to qualiffy to be an elite gymnast?

like what skills?
what scores?

Answer to the question you're asking: what are the requirements to go elite as a male gymnast? There are no explicitly required skills or scores. Technically, you just have to have a USAG membership and pay the entry fee for some elite meet such as National Qualifiers.

But now let me answer the question you SHOULD be asking: should you be even giving any thought to the elite level when you haven't even started training yet?

No.

For every TRUE elite gymnast (and when I say "true elite," I mean those who have both the skills and the quality of execution to compete at such meets without being very obviously out of their depth), there are thousands of others who wanted to get there but never made it.

To put it metaphorically, you haven't yet learned to walk and you're asking not how to run, but how to do the iron man triathlon. To put it statistically, more people get struck by lightning every year than make it to the international elite scene.

I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything here, just encouraging you to stick with more immediately attainable goals. Set some concrete short-term goals. When you start training, your coach can probably help you with this.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back