Parents Exciting week @ the gym

• Thread starter Thread starter Mariainlv
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
M

Mariainlv

This week @ J's gym is a clinic/camp of sorts with some really neat outside coaching. They have Kyle Shewfelt (first Canadian to medal in an artistic gymnastics event) and Rick McCharles (gymnasticcoaching.com) The outside coaches are mostly helping with coaching strategies for the coaches but in the end it will benefit the kids! Two of our coaches were coaches in Canada, Dana headed a provincial team, I think. I think they know them and were able to use this to ask them to come out.

Kyle brought in his gold medal and the kids were like :eek:

J was SO excited and tired last night. She said it was great. I think she will be really tired by the end of the week. They normally go 12 hrs but this week will go 20+ so we shall see..

This week @ J's gym is a clinic/camp of sorts with some really neat outside coaching. They have Kyle Shewfelt (first Canadian to medal in an artistic gymnastics event) and Rick McCharles (gymnasticcoaching.com) The outside coaches are mostly helping with coaching strategies for the coaches but in the end it will benefit the kids! Two of our coaches were coaches in Canada, Dana headed a provincial team, I think. I think they know them and were able to use this to ask them to come out.

Kyle brought in his gold medal and the kids were like :eek:

J was SO excited and tired last night. She said it was great. I think she will be really tired by the end of the week. They normally go 12 hrs but this week will go 20+ so we shall see..

That reminds me of the time we went to Amanda Borden's gym for an open house and members of the Atlanta team were there. They brought their medals and let the kids wear them for pictures. My kids were speechless!
My middle dd recently got to try on a Cheerleading Worlds ring and had about the same reaction..lol

What a wonderful experience for J :). She may be exhausted by then end but sounds like it will be worth it!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back