Feet rips from beam?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I recently started doing gymnastics again and I was doing full turns on beam and got this huge nasty foot rip, hurts something awful! Does this happen to anyone else? What do you do about it? I really don't want beam shoes.

it happened to me once, because i kept falling on my full turns so i did a whole bunch. now i barely do any because my foot starts hurting if i do too many :p

Sounds like you need to wear beam shoes! Dominique M. used to have to wear these because her feet would rip without them. Gymnastics web sites should sell them.

My toes would crack open when I was working turns on beam and I would get blood everywhere, it was terrible. It stinks because band-aids, tape, or anything like that won't stay on if you're turning. I think my issue was really dry skin on my feet- a combination of naturally dry skin and all the chalk I was around. You could try putting a really good moisturizer on your feet like you would for grips on your hands- bag balm or something similar, and see if that helps at all.

I recently started doing gymnastics again and I was doing full turns on beam and got this huge nasty foot rip, hurts something awful! Does this happen to anyone else? What do you do about it? I really don't want beam shoes.

that was the move that my DD ended up with 2 HUGE blisters on the bottom of the ball of her foot coverd the whole ball of the foot. Our remedy was "Dance Paws" they worked great protected the ball of the foot, allowed her to continue to practice full turns and still feel the beam with her foot. now if she is doing lots of turn practice she will put them on to protect her foot. She loves them. then when she competes her feet aren't a mess and she can do the move without them, however our area preson in charge said she could wear them for competition.

Definitly worth the investment of about $30.

media.nl

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think gym tape would work, I imagine it would bunch up during turns and actually cause more friction. Cher thank you! That just might work. I think I may actually have a similar pair laying around from my dane days, I will def. be looking for them now!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back