Parents First comp season is a wrap!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flipnastic

Proud Parent
and it was oh, so so fun!!! My dd did wonderful...she's only five and scored mid 8- low 9's for level 2, and did better every single meet...and most importantly, walked out of each one looking forward to the next. It was really fun watching her through this, working hard and having a blast! Things i learned:
1. She actually does really well under pressure
2. Nothing makes you nervous like watching your child do something they have worked hard at
3. There were soooo many girls much older than her
4. Cgm's start young
5. She's officially hooked on this sport (cha-Ching!)

Seriously....so much fun!

Congrats to her! Glad she had fun! It's all about getting used to competing and building her confidence and sounds like she did both!

Congrats to her! Glad she had fun! It's all about getting used to competing and building her confidence and sounds like she did both!
She did! She ended up being one of the lower scorers, but that's ok! She was competing against powerhouse gyms with 7-9 year olds, so I'm thankful for achievement at this stage. She learned the important things and I could not be more proud!

Sounds like she had a great season! My five year old is just getting started! She had her first level 2 meet a couple weeks ago and is looking forward to her next one! I was shocked that she was competing against girls almost twice her age--I thought they would be divided into age groups, but apparently there weren't enough girls competing. She did great and got 4th AA out of 11 girls! I was just happy she remembered her routines--that is a lot to remember for these little ones when they are put on the spot!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back