Parents First Kip Video!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

starmaker

I had posted earlier that Liv had "made" her kip a few weeks back. I had yet to get in video until this past weekend at open gym. She had her first playdate with a little girl in level 3 and it was a hit. After a full day of play we ended the night at open gym. I usually don't take Liv to open gym because it's on saturday nights and the gym is 40 miles away!! She had so much!! She loves loves loves open gym. From now on I am going to make an effort to have attend at least one open gym a month. It was a great bonding experience with the rest of the team girls. Not to mention she throws in some practice....

Last minute I took some clips of her being her usual silly self. She put on quite a show!! She had all the girls laughing etc. I was also able to video her kip.

Here's the link: YouTube - Olivia's Kips and more...

Youtube ripped my orginal song choice and had to audioswap. Did my best to find a good song and settled for "eye of the tiger" since it kind of matched her leo....lol.

That looks like so much fun. I wish we had open gym, I think they get a chance to do the skills they really want that way. Love the kip and the squat on moves!

She is so adorable and I love that leo. It just suits her so well. Great to see her having so much fun. Good Job on her kip.

Thank you all for the nice comments! What a difference a good gym fit makes on a gymnast's happiness and enjoyment. Liv is such a different little girl since starting at her new gym. She is back to truely enjoying her sport and wanting to have fun all the while progressing with new skills.

This holiday week they had several clinics for the team girls and I just couldn't believe how motivated Liv has been to go every morning. She was up and ready to go before I was even awake. My only wish is that she continues to enjoy her sport for as long as possible. I love to her so happy!!!

Awww what a cute video!!! Open gym is so much fun :). I try to get the kids to an open gym at least once a month just so they can let loose and get a chance to play around and do whatever they want. Her kips are awesome!!

Thank all for all your nice comments!! Liv had a blast with her squat ons! I still watch the video and crack up! Our personalities are soooo different!!

Her kip has come a long way in short time! Let's hope they stick and won't disappear by competition time like her mill circle did this year. Crossing fingers!!!

New Year's Invite

Liv competes this weekend Jan. 2nd at the New Years Invite in Disney world. Wondering if any CBers will also be there!?!?!

Let's hope this meet goes well for Liv. They've only uptrained since state but Liv claims her L4 bars are better....don't know how she figures but let's hope her confidence translate!!!!

CONGRATS! Kips are worth celebrating!!! A huge skill & such a big deal...they really feel like they belong in gymnastics with that one! Once my DD got that it was a HUGE motivator for other things. YEAH! Kepp up the good work and sounds like she is so ahead of the game for L5!

I saw this video awhile ago but never commented how much I loved it! I LOVE IT! She would get along so well with Jessica ;-)

I saw this video awhile ago but never commented how much I loved it! I LOVE IT! She would get along so well with Jessica ;-)

It's funny you should say that becuase I've watched videos of Jessica and thought WOW two peas in a pod. Such similar personalities. Liv especially loves all her bloopers. She can watch them over and over again!!

Hah loved it!

The last time I saw moves like that it was midget's booty shaking prior to competing bars at a meet. Still cracks me up.

Gotta love open gym. Gives them a chance to relax and play.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back