Parents First Level 4 Meet - Guess the Scores

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LizzieLac

Proud Parent
Hi Everyone,

Last weekend was our first level 4 meet after competing Prep Opt Novice last year. As many of you know, DD is hoping to move up to level 5 mid-season (we only do states in the spring, so she would move based on when her coach thinks she has her kip down and can do the level 5 bar routine).

Guess the scores!

Floor
YouTube - Gabrielle level 4 floor Spooktacular
Bars
YouTube - Gabrielle level 4 bars Spooktacular
Beam
YouTube - Gabrielle level 4 beam Spooktacular
Vault (sorry visibility not so good)
YouTube - Gabrielle Spooktacular level 4 vault

Thanks!:)

Just a mom but here are my guesses:
floor 9.0
bars 9.1
beam 8.4
vault 9.2

I thought she did a lovely job especially for a first L4 meet!:)

I have proved myself horrible with scores. I think she did great for her first level 4 meet! She is off to a great start! I think she looks great on everything and think she was definitely in the high 8s-9s on everything.

I recognize that gym. ; ). You have great seats. Somehow i always get stuck behind that ship at our meets. The judging was very hard for the 5/6's but your daughter looked great. We would kill for those pointed toes around here and pretty scale.

Vault 9.0
Bars 8.5
Beam 8.8
FX 8.2

I am guessing low bc it felt like the judges were about .5 lower than I expected this weekend.

Can I just say what fantastic toe point she has, WOW!

I am too hideous at the score guessing, but I will she has such a nice presence to her performances. She is very confident and deliberate. Wonderful way to start the season.

Wishing her the best of luck on the move to Level 5 :)

I can tell she's competed before---very composed. Nice and tight with good toe point.

Vault-9.2
Bars-8.7
Beam-8.2-8.4
Floor-8.6

She was "spooktacular!!" lol. sorry-couldn't resist:D
seriously, great 1st level 4 meet, and may I say, she does have crazy good toe point!!

best of luck to her this season!

FX - 9.0 or low 9s
Bar - right around 9
BB - need to zoom out a bit; low 8s
VT - really hard to tell, again need to zoom out more; low 9s?

Thanks, guys!! I have to say I am really proud of her because she had to learn those routines pretty quickly and "unlearn" her Prep Opt routine from last year. It was a fun meet too with awards for team costumes!:)

When I showed her the videos she thought she needed tons of improvement. I think it is great that she is honest with herself and sees what she needs to work on - I just wish she wasn't quite so hard on herself. She does have a great toe point, and won a little award for it from the Prep Opt coach last year!

My videoing needs improvement, I know. :eek:

Here are the scores (they were maybe a little generous in places). All of our level 4s did great, though, placing 1st as a team.:D

Floor = 9.35
Bars = 8.85
Beam = 9.05
Vault = 9.075
AA = 36.325

Wow, she did really well for a first L4 meet! Her toes were sooooo pointed on her bar routine! Here are the scores as I see them...with mom eyes ya know!!
floor 8.9
beam 8.7
bars 9.1
vault 9.3
AA 36.0

She looked really poised and very solid. I thought she did great!.

My thoughts on scores...

Floor: 9.2
Bars: 8.9
Beam: 9.1
Vault: 9

I think it is good when they can watch their video and critique what the did, it means they are listening and really do know what they should be doing, but have to figure out how to actually do it at a meet. My DD always does that with hers, but after I have her watch again and only pick out positive things she did, too. I tell her sometimes that she is worse than the judges. LOL.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back