Parents First Level 6 Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
[YOUTUBE]veBqgKJTjiQ[/YOUTUBE]

Saturday was Jess's first level 6 meet. She did well and had a great time. She's just back into grips and is not a fan of bars to begin with LOL.

The session after this was USAIGC - and yes, she did that too. It was her first competition with these routines. I tried to feed her between but she didn't want to miss stretch and warm up. I explained to her that since she just finished competing she was already stretched and warmed up. Apparently I don't know anything (at least that's the look she gave me) she took a bite of pizza and ran back out on the floor. Her coach and I kept a close eye on her and she was bouncing off the wall excited. She was really looking forward to it. She had one moment of that blank *i'm tired* look (which I got a picture of) just before she went on bars. She said it was because she was thinking about that stupid drop kip and how she fell on it at level 6 and now had to do it on both low and high bars. She fell on her BHS on beam and ended before her music (LOL) on floor. But had a blast!

[YOUTUBE]sVcs6MmdOcI[/YOUTUBE]

Believe it or not . . . after wards she went to a slumber party and didn't get to bed until after 3am then was up at 8! A little nap Sunday afternoon and she was up and . . upside down again.

Sigh, if only I could bottle that energy . . .

Last edited:
Great meets!!! I still can't get over her doing two meets back to back, and still being able to perform without much food--but my dd is somewhat the same way--she rarely eats at meets (nibbles on snacks here and there) but has a healthy appetite afterwards. That kind of reminds me of the old cheer days--we would have to be at the arena at 7am and sometimes not get out of there till 6pm or later!!! I sooo do NOT miss that!! LOL. Your dd must have been running on some serious adrenaline to stay up till 3am at the sleepover as well :eek:!! Sounds like she had a great time.

With her doing both USAG and USAIGC how many meets total is that for the season? I can imagine that being a meet every weekend!!

Last edited:
She's going to early states for level 6 then will do the rest of the season USAIGC. But she couldn't wait and since we were hosting they thought it would be a good time to have her give it a try. We would have been there working the meets anyway. Most USAG / USAIGC meets are the same weekend. When she takes on both will be up to her and her coach.

She would compete every weekend if she could - she really enjoys it.

:D

She is so adorable and has such amazing power. Fantastic day for her on floor and beam, just gorgeous on both.

She looks great! Her Level 6 beam is awesome and I thought her floor was great too. Is there a reason she is doing USAIGC and not Level 7? They seem really similar to me, not that I have any clue about USAIGC. Amazing that she was able to do so well in back to back meets.

I thought her level 6 beam and floor were very good. Well done. And well done for making through the double meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back