First Optional Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippersmom

Well, DD got to try a meet at L7 for fun. Finished states about 6 weeks ago, got beam routine 4 weeks ago, floor routine 2 weeks ago.

It was a small meet, about 7 in her age group, most having competed L7 this past season. DD doesn't have her giant, and will need them to compete in the fall, but she was able to go and try with just clear hips. they were letting her try the meet for fun. We knew bars would be her struggle, funny, it was her best event at L4!

Started on vault and she was first. 9.075, and was 1st. Bars was 7.5 and she managed 4th. Wasn't great, but she keeps her form tight. She was afraid to do backhandspring in warm-up, even though she's been doing it for months. Did it during meet, 9.2 and 1st. Floor was hard to see, it was behind the beams. Coach said her dance was sharp and tight, 9.25 and 1st. I think some of the other L7 were trying to put in harder stuff to prepare for L8, which DD will work on over the summer. She ended up 1st AA, and the motivation has set in. She loved doing optionals and is excited for the summer to work hard.

Wow that is so great! 1st AA at her first optional meet....wow...that will be hard to top, huh?:p Good for her!!!!! Hope it is the start to an awesome year! I am sure those giants will come!

I haven't been on CB much and I missed this. Congrats to your dd! Sounds like she really enjoyed the meet :)

Can't wait to hear how her season goes.

What an awesome introduction to optionals. You must be so proud.:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back