first Prep Silver Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
DD has her first meet of the season on Sunday. She is competing Prep Silver. She could really use all the tight body, straight leg & pointed toe fairies we can find !!!

The stinky part Is we are the only team competing prep op @ this meet, so she will be competing against her teammates : (

On the other hand, they will get 1st place team : )

We had this at our first meet last year. OUr 4 specilaiste girls (like L6) competed, didn't know they were the only four and medals went like this...one gold given out for each apparatus and one for AA. Fortunately each girl got one medal. But it was wierd!

Hope they set it up well for your girls and it still is fun!

Good luck being sent your DDs way. Im sure she will have perfect form when the time comes.

Meet Report

Well, it was interesting to say the least. The seating was awful and the most uncomfortable folding chair ever made !!

She started out on floor, she loves her routine & music and just performed it last weekend @ a local festival. About half way through she had a " brain cramp" and forgot what came next :eek:. After what seemed like an eternity she got back on track, caught up with the music and finished. Made it off the floor & sat down before crying. I felt so bad for her. She said later that she" knew what to do next and then it was just gone". Anyway, her HC told her it was ok, but she was still upset. She got 8.9, not bad. This was 2nd place, but there were only two girls in her age group.

Vault - the vault is a flatback over the vault table onto stacked mats. She has really struggled with this and at the beginning of last week was getting stuck in the handstand. She made it over on both vaults, could not see real well but the first one looked ok, the second one had a serious pike. She got a 7.9 (again 2nd place, he-he) and said that her teammates said it was because of her run, I have not clue I could only see her head & shoulders on that part.

Bars she did well, few bent arms & legs, but made her kip (first time in competition) and her squat on jump to high bar. 8.800 and yes by now you have figured out 2nd Place.

Beam, went pretty well. Stuck her BWO. Had a couple good wobbles but stayed on, pretty dismount. 8.850 and yes, the trend continues, 2nd Place.

AA was 34.45 and yup, 2nd place to her teammate.

Hey, I'd consider a 34.45 a good score for the LAST meet of the season! It's awesome for the 1st meet! Congratulations! It sounds like a well-earned 2nd place, regardless of how many girls she was competing against!

yeah! Good scores for a first meet and lots of new moves. Well done!

She did a great job!!!! That is an awesome solid AA for the first meet (or any meet really). She is off to a great start!!!

Sounds great for a first meet. I only hope that my daughter does as well in her first level 5 meet which is in 2 weeks. You must have been dying for her on floor. I know that happened to one of our girls last year and it was so hard to watch.

Sounds great for a first meet. I only hope that my daughter does as well in her first level 5 meet which is in 2 weeks. You must have been dying for her on floor. I know that happened to one of our girls last year and it was so hard to watch.

It seemed like an eternity :rolleyes:

I watched the video it really was not very long, but in the moment it seemed to last forever !! I felt so bad for her, it is awful because you cannot do anything to help them. At least she quickly remembered and got back on track. No worse for the wear now. All but forgotten :)

AWESOME! Sounds like off to a great start! We went to a meet last year and one poor girl pretty much forgot her whole enite L5 routine. Talk about LONG, the routine seemed like it would never end we all felt so bad for her. Even teamates were calling out to her what to do next. She either wasn't prepared enough or really got a bad case of nerves. I'm sure your DD just had that one moment of "oh what's next" but next time she will zip right through it and you'll all be LOL about this meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back