Garage Sales??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

iluvgym

Coach
Hi everyone, I'm wondering if any of you have ever done a gym garage sale as a fundraiser. Was it a big money maker? We're wondering how much we think we could make on a fairly large one.

My team had a garage sale at the gym back in the fall last year, and I think we made over $400. I'm not sure how good or bad that compares to other gym's garage sales, but we were pretty happy with the outcome!

funny you should mention this...we are planning one for in a few weeks. Never done it before, but someone else who had at another gym suggested it, so we are going to try...we have SOOO much stuff collected already that people donated to us. Good thing is...its pure profit, so I hope its worth all the work!!

We had one last year and it was a biggg hit!!!!!!!!!! We sold so much stuff! I think we made around $400 dollars too give or take some. All I have to say to make a garge sale sucessful you need to have decent stuff,good prices, lots of advertising(signs ect.), and have it in a popular area.

Garage Sale ideas

It is a great moneymaker. We made about $2000 every year we did it. This is what we did:
  • We got contributions from gym parents for about a week before and the gym owner was able to store the items for us
  • We advertised on Craig's list
  • We put up huge colorful poster sized signs in every direction
  • We used the gym parking lot which was on a major intersection (If your gym is not on a major street, try to get permission from one of the local restaurants to hold it in their parking lot.)
  • We put up portable shade covers
  • We priced everything in advance
  • We sold water bottles

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if any of you have ever done a gym garage sale as a fundraiser. Was it a big money maker? We're wondering how much we think we could make on a fairly large one.

haven't done it as a gym sale but have done it as a Boy Scout Eagle Project fundraiser and we made over $2000 in one day (about 6 hours).

Because the sale was in the fall they also took orders for the boy Scout Fall product sale (trails end popcorn) don't know what they took for order there but people were ordering popcorn too.

The best fundraiser I've been involved in was a cub scout pancake breakfast. One of the dads owned a food distribution company and donated all the food supplies needed. we had about 90 cub scouts selling tickets at $5 and asked each scout to try to sell 10 tickets. They usually did sell that and more. The best part is we were at the local church activity center which was right near a highway exit and the time we did it in the fall is hunting season. We are already to go at 5am (UGH it's early but worth it) and serve until noon. Everyone on the way to work stops in to get breakfast, the hunters after hunting come in to eat, and everyone after the Mass comes in to eat. We also get folks that didn't prebuy tickets just walk in off the street and pay $7 instead of the presale price of $5.

in the end we would make on average over $7000 in that one morning.

It was just pancakes and sausage and maple suryp. Easy to do. We would make the pancakes and keep them in the warming oven until ready to serve. cub scouts cleaned and maintained the dining area and adults cooked and served.

Our gym did one, it was friday-sunday and about 5 hours everyday. In the end we made a little over $1000. Everybody brought stuff in, and got people they knew to donate stuff. And after with everything that was left got donated to charity.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back