Parents Getting to Level 4

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

billise

Proud Parent
DD (just turned 6) returned to the gym yesterday for the first time since the 2 week Holiday break. She is now a level 3 on the level 2/3 pre-team. The first day back also marked "Move Up" day, so several of the girls from her pre-team had their first team practice after being invited to level 4 (our gym's first level of competition). Making level 4 (or the "real" team) is a big deal at our gym, as this is when the girls first get to warm up and really interact with the higher level girls and when they first get to go in and out of the "team entrance" to the facility. It was fun watching the level 5 - 10 girls "high-five" and embrace the new level 4's before warm-ups. It was also fun to watch my daughter's reaction to seeing her old pre-team teammates enjoying the "fruits of their labor". She is more determined than ever to make level 4. I have been pretty neutral about whether I want her to compete, but her excitement and the comradery of the girls kind of gave me the "warm fuzzies" (smile). I guess we'll see where this goes! (smile)

DD (just turned 6) returned to the gym yesterday for the first time since the 2 week Holiday break. She is now a level 3 on the level 2/3 pre-team. The first day back also marked Move Up day, so several of the girls from her pre-team had their first team practice after being invited to level 4 (our gyms first level of competition). Making level 4 (or the real team) is a big deal at our gym, as this is when the girls first get to warm up and really interact with the higher level girls and when they first get to go in and out of the team entrance to the facility. It was fun watching the level 5 - 10 girls embrace the new level 4s before warm-ups. It was also fun to watch my daughters reaction to seeing her old pre-team teammates enjoying the fruits of their. She is more determined than ever to make level 4. I have been pretty neutral about whether I want her to compete, but her excitement and the comradery of the team girls kind of gave me the warm fuzzies (smile). I guess we will see where this goes! (smile)​

That's great motivation! I wish we had something like that! DDs is bummed that she has to stay a L3 next year because of the changing requirements. Of course, it is a move up, but to a little girl, it's the number that means something.

That is pretty cool that they welcome the new team members like that. They really have a separate team entrance?? Is that common?

Your right Donalley, the number is what matters to them. My DD is just starting to really get the whole number/level thing :)

I'm not sure if the team entrance thing is common gymmomtoo, as this is the only gym we've been a part of. I would be curious to know the answer to that also. The girls at our gym (particularly the younger ones) really love it. It makes them feel so special! For the older girls that have been a part of team for a while I think they are just happy they don't have to wade through the traffic that can build up at the "main entrance" with the rec program and pre-team kids coming and going.

We have a team entrance at our gym too, separate from the rec entrance. They do allow developmental girls to use it though, as they are considered part of the team at our gym.

ok, so there are other team entrances! Thanks Amusibus! Our developmental girls are included with the team to a certain extent. They were in the club team photo and were invited to the team holiday party. But the team entrance seems to be a right of passage of sorts. It seems to mean you've arrived! :)

We don't have a team entrance, but we do have a team gym. We walk through the regular gym and the team gym is in the back of the building. It sure is nice for the teams to have their own training space. Our gym just added that team gym a couple of months ago.

Yeah, team gym sounds pretty cool!! can the rec kids/parents see the team kids training back in the team gym? Seems like that would be great motivation!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back