GK vs. SATARA vs. ALPHA FACTOR leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I love GK leos the best. For me, the fit is perfect (good ratios between chest and hips) and I love the designs! I'm one of those "flat-chested-no-hips" body types, and my old club's competition leo (made by a leotard-maker nearby) used to be too baggy in the butt-area for this reason. Any smaller and the arms get too tight! *Sigh* aaanyways, GK tends to be just fine for me, so it gets my vote.

k-bee's necklines look really high from the pictures.. but then again, there aren't actually gymnasts wearing them so I wouldn't know..? but i HATE necklines that r too high and i can NOT stand them. so anyone that has or had a k-bee leo please give me your opinion ASAP! :) thanks!
Hmm... k-bee's neckline might be a little higher than usual but I don't really notice it. GK fits better in the hips than k-bee though. :)

We have mostly GK and Alfafactor because that is what the gym sells but my DD eally likes the Snowflake Leos even though there isn't as big a selection. She says they fit better and don't wedge up as much.

I have a GK and an Alpha Factor and I like the way the Alpha Factor fits in the shoulders, it's looser than the GK and a little easier to get on, lol! But the Alpha Factor gives me horrible wedgies, haha! So for me:

GK= no wedgies, yes tight shoulders
AF= yes wedgies, no tight shoulders

pros and cons to any leo!

Just ordered a new GK leo that should fit better than my last one, which was a little small. I'll let yall know if I still agree with what I said above after I get a chance to wear it!

OK I got my GK leo and have had a practice in it so I feel fully equipped to reply now!

Like I said, I have one Alpha Factor leo and now one GK that actually fits!

The Alpha Factor definitely rides up in the butt, but the GK one stayed put for the whole practice! Woohoo! Alpha Factor is MUCH more comfortable to put on though, since there is more space in the shoulders and the torso seems to be a little bit longer than the GK leo.

Normally I wear shorts so I don't really care if there is a wedgie because it's not visible unless you're looking for it, so for practice I think I prefer my Alpha Factor. Overall, though, I think I prefer my GK. It fits well and there is a lot to be said for it not riding up in the tushy department!

DD wears mostly GK and Alpha Factor. I have found them to be wildly inconsistent size wise. She measures CXS, but sometimes it will be really small on her and then the next one will be really big. I find AF to be tiny through the hips and big through the shoulders, but that works well for DD because that's the way she is shaped.

She has 3 Dreamlight work-out leos that I really like. They were really expensive and to me the material was really thin.

While on the topic of leos my number one complaint is the foil dot stuff rubbing off. Hers seems to rub off in the crotch area. The leo then looks dark in the crotch area and like she wet herself! What causes this? The only thing I can think of is sitting on the beam and the rough surface rubs the foil dot off the material. It's very annoying. She had a brand new leo from GK that was pink with silver foil hearts all over it. She only wore it a few times and the foil hearts are completely rubbed off in the crotch area.

Love GK

My DD has outgrown her GK leos before they outgrew her! I know the sizing and the fit and they wear/wash well. Some of her oldest GK leos still look almost brand new. when I had a problem with stitching on a recent purchase (birthday) and had to contact them, their customer sevice was great too!

Some of my DD's GK have worn really well too. It's only that foil dot we have problems with. My DD pops on and off the beam like a piece of popcorn and then climbs back on and scoots back to her starting spot. That's the only explanation I can come up with for the foil dot rubbing off.

Alpha Factor

I am sorry to hear you had issues with your sizing at Alpha Factor? I am actually the business manager for the company and returning calls and emails, within three days at the most is very important... so I would love to know what gym you are with so I can pull the file and see what happened. I hope you repsond to tell me, or email me right away [email protected] so I can answer you if you feel more comfortable off the board. We respond to emails everyday and immediately and I take pride as a former gymnast, collegiate coach and currently coach in making sure every question is answered as soon as possible.

In regard to sizing, I actually have reps in the areas, that are not commissioned, to help teams with sizing and as long as everyone is choosing the leo to fit the size their should be no gaps or issues with sizing. YOu can customize every leo, with the leg height and the size and the arm length. We take our fit very seriously! If the leo is riding up, maybe you should ask your coach which leg cut is on the leo.

Our fabric is a specially made 4 way stretch fabric that will move with you no matter which way you go. Nothing is impossible, but tell me your issues I want to know to make them better!

And don't worry about your team getting Alpha Factor leos, most likely first time orders get the standard leg cut and you should have no issues whatsoever!
I look forward to chatting with all of you!
Please do not hesitate to contact me. You will only make us better and stronger!

Wendy Martin
Alpha Factor Business Manager

OTHER!!
The ones my mom makes! Cost about 2- 10 dollars per suit!
I find GK expensive (especially compared to my moms), I did get 2 though from an athletic store that were on sale for $20!
The only ones not bought online here though are ones found at meets, which got for about $35.

We just got DD's compeition leo in and it is Alpha Factor. I was really worried when I saw it in the bag because it looked super tiny like it was for a doll (cxs), but it fits perfect. I have always found their work-out leos to be cut really slim through the hips and this leo is the same. It's a good fit for her because that's her shape. It's beautiful too!

The only thing is the sleeves are pretty long on her, but we can't really do anything about that.

You can adjust the sleeve length too.

You actually can adjust the sleeve length as well to one inch or 2 inches shorter or longer, so that also could have been adjusted for your daughter, but sometimes it is not that easy when you have a whole team to individually customize for each athlete, for the coaches. I am so glad you love your Alpha Factor leo! The 4 way stretch is what allows for the leo to fit perfectly!!!! Yeah I hope your season was great this year!
Wendy Martin
Alpha Factor Business Manager
717-852-6940
[email protected]

For workout, I LOVE Rebecca's Mom and Jillybeans leotards!!
Both are wonderfully soft and so awesome to workout in! Plus they are the thin lycra so I stay cool. (which is esp. good for the summer)
Plus they both fit me really, really well!

For competition I really like Snowflake!

Recently I have been watching the alpha site more since they are offering Value leos. My daughter is an 11 year old at 5'1 so we have lots of sizing issues, she's tall and weighs 80 maybe if she is wet! Alpha seems to fit her better and doesnt feel tight on top and around the arm pits.

Don't like Alpha Factor--girls have a few and they just don't wear as well as GK. Never seen Satara, so no input there. GK is worth the extra money--as long as you don't have t buy new leos ever year.

I absolutely LOVE motionwear leos!! The first couple leos I bought were k-bee and I hate the way they fit. The third and most recent leo is from motionwear and I don't know if I'll ever buy anything else! I'm an adult gymnast but I'm pretty petite for a 20 year old and people always used to ask if I was a gymnast or a swimmer because of my body type. Motionwear is good for people with broad shoulders and small waist and hips. Also, no wedgies and so far it washes really well...still looks brand new! The prices really aren't bad either :]

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back