WAG Grips coming off the bar...?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

pamred4

Coach
Gymnast
Ok so recently I have been practising my level 4 routine (it includes a long swing pullover) and my guards have been slipping off my fingers after any more than 3 swings. I think the finer holes are too big but we have never altered them... I have discussed the issue with my coach and he put a small piece if foam between the finger holes (picture enclosed) my problem is that I'm doing a fly away connected after my long swing pullover ad when I get on top of the high bar my guards are practically off my fingers and I can't shuffle my hands to get them back on! Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get my guards to stay on better? Thanks Xx
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1390440028.604284.jpg

Looks to me like it is time to get new grips :)
Or is there anyway to hook a rubber band up so it will go over the fingers and down the back of the grips (maybe attached around the velcro)? It should prevent the grips from coming off.

Goodluck.

Looks to me like it is time to get new grips :)
Or is there anyway to hook a rubber band up so it will go over the fingers and down the back of the grips (maybe attached around the velcro)? It should prevent the grips from coming off.

Goodluck.
The thing is... The grips are only 3 months old! Thanks for the idea I will try it when I go back to gym on Friday!! Xx

Yikes!! The light at the end of the tunnel you see......it's a train!! You need to resolve that asap!
When you said 'we have never altered them', that is the only fault I have with Ginnasta grips (not saying that is your brand). The holes are too large for some of my girls right from the start, and we have to put in foam spacers from Ginnasta. I HIGHLY recommend that you talk to your coach and parents about getting the inserts and put in as many or as big as you need to keep your grips where they belong. Please be careful until you get this resolved.

Yikes!! The light at the end of the tunnel you see......it's a train!! You need to resolve that asap!
When you said 'we have never altered them', that is the only fault I have with Ginnasta grips (not saying that is your brand). The holes are too large for some of my girls right from the start, and we have to put in foam spacers from Ginnasta. I HIGHLY recommend that you talk to your coach and parents about getting the inserts and put in as many or as big as you need to keep your grips where they belong. Please be careful until you get this resolved.

Is this what your talking about?
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1390528769.952714.jpg

Bingo! That's them. They are cheap enough, so get 6 or 8 of them as they do wear out and break after a while. Keep some in your gym bag, locker, etc. Good job, now go get'm! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back