Grips!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I really need some good affordable grips! Where did you get yours and how long did it take to break them in? Also, can you leave a review for "palm grips" instead of "dowel grips"? Which one do you think is better! Thanks!

Sadly, I've never tried palm grips. I started straight of with dowels. I really love them because the dowel helps my grip (no pun intended) on skills where I feel like I may fly off the bar.
Most of my team uses Ten-O and we all love them.
After I got grips, it took about a week before I was at that inbetween point where I wouldn't do bars without grips, but they still felt strange. A few days later, I couldn't live without them. :)
At my gym, mainly rec/pre-team girls use palm grips. Many of them don't stick with them and prefer their bare hands.
Hope I could help! :)

I use dowel grips and I love them
I use reisport grips they break in quickish 2-4 weeks
They came too us in 3 days

Sadly, I've never tried palm grips. I started straight of with dowels. I really love them because the dowel helps my grip (no pun intended) on skills where I feel like I may fly off the bar.
Most of my team uses Ten-O and we all love them.
After I got grips, it took about a week before I was at that inbetween point where I wouldn't do bars without grips, but they still felt strange. A few days later, I couldn't live without them. :)
At my gym, mainly rec/pre-team girls use palm grips. Many of them don't stick with them and prefer their bare hands.
Hope I could help! :)
Thanks! How much did you get them for?

When I first started gymnastics I used palm grips. They were cheap, around $15 at our local gymnastics/dance shop. The wrist bands were around 3 or 4 dollars I think. Palm grips are really the beginners grips, and totally appropriate no matter how old you are.

Almost a year after I started gymnastics I switched to dowels. I use the reisport ones (velcro). They were around $50. I love them but it was harder to break them in than the palm grips. I've had them for 1.5 years now. You will need to have someone help you with the size though, that way you don't get ones that are too small.

Good luck!

When I first started gymnastics I used palm grips. They were cheap, around $15 at our local gymnastics/dance shop. The wrist bands were around 3 or 4 dollars I think. Palm grips are really the beginners grips, and totally appropriate no matter how old you are.

Almost a year after I started gymnastics I switched to dowels. I use the reisport ones (velcro). They were around $50. I love them but it was harder to break them in than the palm grips. I've had them for 1.5 years now. You will need to have someone help you with the size though, that way you don't get ones that are too small.

Good luck!
Thanks!

I use Velcro. The buckles have always seemed like a hassle to me. Some people say that their Velcro wears off and they have to find other ways to get their grips to stay, but that hasn't happened to mine and I've had mine for more than two years now. They were about $40.

I got my grips from ten 0. I got 501 blues ( dowel grips). I really like them. I would recommend getting buckle because I have Velcro and it gets kind of annoying to have to tighten them all the time. I am pretty sure they were 39.95.

I think the 4 most common grips: the blue 10.0, the red resiport, and the double buckle ones from gk. As far as rec goes, go for palm grips.
I haven't heard anything bad about double buckle ones, everyone who's had them has liked them as far as I know. The 10.0 blues ones I've had, but they're not my preference. I like the resiports.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back