groin muscles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok so first I would like to say I am not looking for medical advice, I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there in the same situation.
So recently I switched gyms, the warmup is much longer than old gym and it is more complex. I like it but ever since switching to the new gym I seem to keep pulling my groin muscle. I have been at the gym for about 2 months and have pulled my right groin muscle twice and my left once. Once I pull it my coach wont let me doing anything involving flexibility which is fine but then when I come back it seems like I pull it again.
They are extremly painful and a pain in the but to work with so I was wondering if any of you have had this problem? Or if there is a stretch that I should be doing, I am fairly flexible with both leg splits down and about an inch from my middle. My doctor gave me a few stretches but they are ones that we already do during warm up. Any advice?

I used to have a similar sort of problem. I kept straining my hamstrings. I however was extremely inflexible and was rushing to gain flexibility. Once I slowed down and was more steady and consistent I found I improved faster and did not damage my muscles. This might also work for you.

hip flexors might be a bit over trained. stay away from aerials, switch sides and straddle glide kips (keep your legs together) for a couple of weeks and see if you see an improvement.:)

For me "froggy" splits stretched the groin muscles pretty well. It's enough to feel it, but not so much that it hurts. Plus, it's easy to sit right where you need to.

I've definitely got to agree with dunno about switch side. That is NOT fun when you've pulled your muscle!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back