Guard colours

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Possibly (at least you can with with beginner velcro styles). I would not advise it though, as it would be frowned on during competition.

It's FIG where we want as much as possible to be beige/white or 'skin colour'. If it is just the Velcro they really can't deduct but check with the coach first, they might not want lime green with a maroon leo for example :)
It is like the nail polish issue, it's not a deduction but some don't like it or believe there is a rule so they deduct.

Oh wow, how boring are they lol. Well I guess we will just stick to the boring colours, she needs all the points she can get lol

Well, you are in Australia so there is no deduction for brightly coloured gaurds. And you must be of course because you used the Australian spelling for colour and called them gaurds, where as though out US counterparts call them grips.

I would assume that if she is training IDP your coach will want a specific type of gaurds. The buckle gaurds are generally just white, and the velcro ones are usually red straps, as reisport os the major brand used here. The palm gaurds that don't have a dowle but just cover the palm come in all sorts of flashy colours.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

NEW COMBO for Suni Lee? 🥇

Back