Parents Guess who's joined the Level 2 team....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

starmaker

My little Julia has decided she really does want to do gym. Apparently she's been missing it and wanted to try a week of rec camp. Before leaving on vacation HC asked me if I was interested in having her try out for team. I was shocked! She's been out of gym for about 18 months.

She loves her ice skating but honestly I can't afford to keep up the privates and competitions. Never thought it was THAT much more than gym. She has her last competition in a couple of weeks. After that she is willing to give it up for gym. I am glad! Much easier to drive them to one place and handle one schedule.

She started on Monday with team camp. It's a long day, 9am to 4 pm with and hour for lunch. She loved every minute of it. She came home and contiuned practicing her new routines. She's made it real clear what her goals are. She told me: Mama I don't want to do TOPS I just want to compete level 2! I'm totally ok with that.

Liv is also very supportive of her sister and "coaches" her at home. Reminding her to keep arms by ears, toes pointed, etc. Hey some reinforcement on her behalf can't be bad.

I am just so stickin proud of my little Jules. I saw her today stretching splits on beam and she couldn't be happier or cuter.

Just wanted to share that we now have two gymmie in our household....twice the fun!!!:D

Awesome, congratulations to her! It's great to see them happy and enjoying themselves.

Congrats!!! We may be in same boat soon...my little Paige (6) did a free trial class at her new gym and they said she is way more advanced then the level 1 rec kids. They want her to come a couple more times and they will decide if she goes on preteam (Level 2). :D
She is super excited!

Thank you all! I am really enjoying it too. It's much different than watching Liv going through the same thing.

Julia is all heart. She puts in all she's got. Even if it's not perfect she's thrilled!! She puts no pressure on herself to keep up or be like her sister and I just love it.

Anything and everything she does is just adorable. She is hoping to compete this season but I am trying to hold it off for the Universal Invite in January.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back