MAG Gymnastics camps for boys

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Mom2twingymnasts

Proud Parent
We weren't planning to send our son to a gymnastics camp this year but recently learned that his coach will be out of the country for 2 weeks starting July 21st. There will be a coach there just not as good. Therefore we are thinking it might be a good time for our son to try one of the week long away camps.

What is the best camp for boys? I know of FlipFest, IGC, and Woodward - which of these is the best for boys? Are there other camps I should look into to?

My son is a 10 year old - was level 7 this past season and is training 10 year old future stars and level 7 & 8. Not sure if that makes a difference for the camp recommendation.

ALL of those are great for the boys as well as the girls.:)

All are good with boys I would add USGTC camp to that list they have a great boys program. US Gymnastics Training Camps
My son went to this one and loved it.

The only draw back I saw was that they stayed in the college dorms, it was hot and no AC in their rooms.

I would go with IGC or FlipFest. I have heard that Woodward has a lot less structured gym time. We are doing IGC this summer, but have teammates that have had a blast at FlipFest.

you might also want to look into some colleges around you and see what they have to offer. If you have any colleges around you with mens gymnastics teams and camps.

I would also suggest a men's college program. Usually they will have some of the college team help out and my son loves that part and that it is focused on boys gymnastics. My son is also the same age and level and it has been great for him having this intense week of gymnastics.

We weren't planning to send our son to a gymnastics camp this year but recently learned that his coach will be out of the country for 2 weeks starting July 21st. There will be a coach there just not as good. Therefore we are thinking it might be a good time for our son to try one of the week long away camps.

Sending you kid to camp because you think the substitute coach is not as good? Seems a little whack. What if you son kids a bad coach at camp?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back