Gymnastics Choreographer Needed

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Looking for a gymnastics choreographer for my daughter in the Georgia, Florida or Alabama area. She in currently in a fast track program and will be competing next season as a level 7 or 8. Any suggestions??

you have to go thru your club/coaches. this area of expertise and the decisions that go in to it are not a parental decision. it's not as simple as just requesting a choreographer.:)

Looking for a gymnastics choreographer for my daughter in the Georgia, Florida or Alabama area. She in currently in a fast track program and will be competing next season as a level 7 or 8. Any suggestions??

Usually kids in a "fast track program" will have their music and choreographer selected FOR them by their gym, as Dunno said.

Not everyone goes to a fancy, smancy gym that takes care of your floor routine & choreography!! I go to a country gym & trust me, it's totally left up to the parents to buy your music & hunt down a choreographer. I sent you a message. I like Olga ( Russian dancer) from Roswell, Ga, sent you her number! She charges $350.

Not everyone goes to a fancy, smancy gym that takes care of your floor routine & choreography!! I go to a country gym & trust me, it's totally left up to the parents to buy your music & hunt down a choreographer. I sent you a message. I like Olga ( Russian dancer) from Roswell, Ga, sent you her number! She charges $350.

The original poster said her daughter was in a "fast track program" so I didn't get the impression that she was at a gym that would be leaving it up to the parents. I don't know if it's fancy smancy or not...

glad you said it. i've been at this a long time. fancy or not. i've never heard of parents being responsible for the music and choreographer.

Sorry...I mean "She is in a fast track" and not "She in."
Not sure if our gym has a choreographer. Just wanted to see what was out there in the gym world.

Sorry...I mean "She is in a fast track" and not "She in."
Not sure if our gym has a choreographer. Just wanted to see what was out there in the gym world.

most gyms I've know don't usually have a choreographer as part of the staff but they usually have one or two outside the gym that they hire for that purpose but you aren't required to use them.

check with your gym and see who they have names of - I bet they have a couple that you could talk to and see their work on YouTube or somewhere.

Wow!!!!

Well I certainly wasn't involved in any kind of fancy, schmancy gym, No pits, no parents room, no tumble track etc But we sure were not responsible for finding music or choreo. Sounds more like a slacker gym. Frankly making routines is very important and I am amazed that any gym sends out parents to look for music and choreo. Now saying it's not true, but I don't know many coaches who would hand off that job.

You could end up with something like this! Nadia Comaneci 1978 Worlds Team Final Floor - YouTube

For the OP, just ask the coaches. Most good clubs have choreographers that they sue and most help recommend music styles etc. Many gyms are very selective about the music their gymnasts use.

Our coaches choreograph the girls' routines. I was unaware that this was not common practice.

Our head coach also choreographs the routines. She also gets hired outside to help out with choreography. It works out great because you get touch up work done all season long

ha-the person who choreographed that Nadia routine is still a widely used-highy expensive-"highly recommended" and well known choreographer who is still in the business! That is why you NEED your gym to help you/ set things up.

OMG, thanks for the morning laugh! That routine is hilarious! I assure you that I would never let my daughter look like that! Our gym actually does very well on floor! I paid $450 for her last routine. We spread out & use several different choreographers. I like that bc then all of our routines do not look alike. I've seen some gyms where every routine has similar moves! My daughter would be devastated if she didn't have input in picking out her music too. She has already started a list of songs for next season.

Mine always had input on their music and routines, they could bring music to the HC and her musician hubby would tweak it for them. They also could add in their own "signature" moves or skills that highlight their strengths. But I do know what you mean about repetitive routines, I have seem some gyms have one style and they do not veer from it.

For music most of the gyms I know tend to get from floor music express or energym. Usually the gymnast picks 4 or 5 they like then the the coach will either approve or disapprove the music. Usually they try to make sure the music "goes with the gymnast" So if they are a more serious gymnast they get more serious music. If they are more perky they get the upbeat perky music. If they are more a dancer with their moves they get more of a dance type of music if they are more a power tumbler they get music that goes with that style. Age too will guide you in your music choices - some are "young" and some are more for older gymnasts - a Disney song would be better for the younger gymnast for example.

Also even though it shouldn't matter some judges don't really like some styles of music and it can affect the score. You need the coach who knows your DD's style better to help choose the best music that will show off your DD's best gymnastic assets. My DD is more serious, dramatic and dancy rather than smiley, perky and power tumbling.

Your gym should know who other parents have gone to that have received good routines.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back