Off Topic Halloween in the US!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
I think Halloween is only in the US.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

But I'd love to know what you or your dd/ds is being for halloween (Or was if you see this late)!

I'm not doing anything for halloween, giving out pennies (yes pennies, not candy)
But my little siblings are Junie B. Jones (She's 9) A Ninja (He's 8) and a Princess (Correction, Aurora, She's 7)

Halloween is celebrated in many countries outside the USA. In Canada it is huge and it has caught on in the UK in a big way too.

Littlest is a 1950's girl. Bigger Bog has an extremely scary face paint job and is handing out candy on the steps of the village church as nobody comes to our house.

2011- Halloween 4.jpgDD is "Pizza to Go" - my own creation.

Anna is Jasmine, her favorite Disney princess. She's wearing a long sleeved pink ballet leo under the costume because it's a little chilly out and I"m not quite ready for her to go bare belly yet. She's only 6. Some of the costumes for the little ones shock me.

111031_halloween-01.jpg

Anna is Jasmine, her favorite Disney princess. She's wearing a long sleeved pink ballet leo under the costume because it's a little chilly out and I"m not quite ready for her to go bare belly yet. She's only 6. Some of the costumes for the little ones shock me.

View attachment 3329

Cute as can be. I hear you on innapropriate costumes for little kids. Even for my 12 year old they were too dodgy.

I work at a party store so to say I'm a little tired of Halloween would be an understatement :p But I already did my celebrating and I was Mermaid Man from the TV show Spongebob. My friends and I were "unnamed super heroes" so the other two people were Quail Man from Doug and Captain Underpants from those kids books.

And I totally know what you mean about inappropriate costumes! There are so many that I am ashamed to sell to people!

I was going to be Mario but, Halloween was cancelled in my town due to snowstorms last weekend! I really feel for the little ones, I can't imagine not being able to trick or treat as a child! I can see why they cancelled it though. Many downed power lines and two thirds of the town doesn't have power.

My DD was a Twister Game for the school party on the 15th. Trick or Treat here however was canceled due to down powerlines and 12 inches of snow - just too dangerous to have the kids out and about. Suppoed to be re-scheduled to Nov 6th. Just not the same trick or treating in November.

Here's my gymmie... she's a huge Hayao Miyazaki fan and "Spirited Away" is her favorite. This spirit is named "No Face." My husband made the mask out of paper mache'. The picture does not do it justice! She got to be TALL for a change tonight. She is looking out the mouth.

Noface Small.jpg

My dancing DD. Which way to the Ren Faire? I made this one. My yearly sewing project. I can do Halloween costumes, bathrobes, and pajamas. That's the extent of my sewing skills.

Renaissance small.jpg

I was Chun Li from Street Fighter for a party I went to last night (and I am so ridiculously proud of that costume, I need to find a few more cons to go to just to reprise it). At the gym today, I was the Kip Fairy.

For my dd gymnastics halloween party, she went as a beautiful fairy and tonight she was a SCARY zombie. I never thought about it being inappropriate.....Hmmm...something to think about it. Happy Halloween. ;)

I was a butterfly at a party on Saturday and when I volunteered for a kids party on Friday. My little niece (age 2 1/2) was the cutest little ladybug. Ladybug had a great time and ate lots and lots of M&Ms.

My ds5 was a NASA astrounaut. My ds10 was a special forces military operative and my dd was The Black Swan...the dance costume version from "dance moms" , not the Natalie Portman version-she did NOT see that movie, btw. She left black feathers everywhere we went...

We went to a halloween meet yesterday, and our level 6 team came as a school bus. They even "ran over" their coach during march in-it was hillarious. One team was a group of "jellyfish". It was sooo clever!! The girls had clear umbrellas that they covered inside with clear iridescent paper and hung curling white and iridescent ribbons down from the edges. They even had little flashing lights up inside them. Then the girls just held the umbrellas over their heads during march in-very cute!!

Here's my gymmie... she's a huge Hayao Miyazaki fan and "Spirited Away" is her favorite. This spirit is named "No Face." My husband made the mask out of paper mache'. The picture does not do it justice! She got to be TALL for a change tonight. She is looking out the mouth.

View attachment 3332

My dancing DD. Which way to the Ren Faire? I made this one. My yearly sewing project. I can do Halloween costumes, bathrobes, and pajamas. That's the extent of my sewing skills.

View attachment 3331

Both of those are all kinds of awesome

My little twin sisters (who we just adopted) were thing one and thing two :) and I was cat in the hat. My brother was a ninja with my 2 older brothers and my 2 older sisters were in los angeles (ucla) as lady bugs passing out candy at the door :) and then all the foster kids my family has decided to take on were fairies, dogs, princesses, and super heroes... you name it we had it :) and then mom and dad were psycho ward patients..... seems fitting since we have 9 kids in the house :)

DD(9) was Alice in Wonderland. She was the one from the movie not the disney cartoon Alice. I was glad she went for something girly, Alice is as close as she'll probably ever get to dressing up as a princess.

I agree with what others said about costumes for girls, some of the ones for little girls my daughter's age (and younger) shock me and the teenage girl costumes shock me even more!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back