WAG Hardest routines (international elite)?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey! Long time no see! But now I’m back and I have a question to those who are more familiar with the FIG CoP. I’ve been wondering what routines would have the highest possible scores on each event? Like what skills would these routines have (highest difficulty) and what kind of connections? If there was a gymnast with no limits regarding of skills, endurance, and capability and you would have to design her routines on each event... using the highest difficulty skills in the current fig code of points, (of course fulfilling all the requirements) what would the routines be? I’ve tried to figure this out just because I’m so curious but I’m not familiar enough with the code I appreciate everyone who takes time to think about this!

i figured out a Bars routine that meets the compositional requirements and I think would be the highest possible SV (though somebody smarter than me would have to calculate that):
RO in front of LB, Piked Arabian Salto over LB w/o touching it to hang on HB - Kip - Cast with 1-1/2 turn to HS - CHC with 1-1/2 turn to HS - CHC on HB counter pike over HB to hang on HB - Tkatchev with 1/2 turn - Swing forward with 1-1/2 turn and flight over LB to hang on LB - CHC backward on LB with hecht to hang on HB - Swing forward and counter salto forward with legs straddled to catch HB in reverse grip - Giant swing forward in reverse grip to HS with initiation of 1/1 turn on 1 arm before HS phase - Swing forward to double salto backward stretched with 2/1 turn.
This is: G - A - D - E - F - E - E - C - F - E - G.
They count the top 8 skills (G - E - F - E - E - F - E - G).

As written, I did TRY to calculate the D score and came up with 7.4.
If we went with "no limits regarding of skills, endurance, and capability" then the gymnast could submit skills for evaluation (and would most likely be 1 letter higher and worth an additional 0.1).
RO in front of LB, Layed out Arabian Salto over LB w/o touching it to hang on HB - Kip - Cast with 2-1/2 turn to HS - CHC with 2-1/2 turn to HS - CHC on HB counter layout over HB to hang on HB - Tkatchev with 1-1/2 turn - Swing forward with 2-1/2 turn and flight over LB to hang on LB - CHC backward on LB with hecht to hang on HB - Swing forward and counter salto forward with legs straddled to catch HB in reverse grip - Giant swing forward in reverse grip to HS with initiation of 1/1 turn on 1 arm before HS phase - Swing forward to double salto backward stretched with 3/1 turn.

This theoretically would be: H - A - E - F - G - F - F - C - F - E - H.
They count the top 8 skills (H - F - G - F- F - F - E - H).

I count THIS version as a potential D score of 8.0.

If you go to the blog The Balance Beam Situation, Spencer sometimes provides breakdowns of routines being competed. And there's always Uncle Tim's UTRS (pronounced uterus) on the men's side, which he sadly has not updated since early 2017, which looks at AA start values.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back