Head coach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
So I have received a promotion: while I have been head coach of the boys program for a couple years now, I have now been named as head coach for the girls team as well, so I'll now be effectively heading the entire program.

Sort of bittersweet, as this is somewhat the result of the departure from the staff of a long time friend and mentor, but I'm excited to see where this will lead.

Wish me luck!

That sounds awesome! Did you coach the girls a lot before you got promoted or is this a whole new thing?? oh and good luck! :D

Congrats!!!!!

Wow! CONGRATS! The best of luck!!! I am sure we will be hearing from you in future threads on how you are dealing with coaching girls and the "girl-drama" that often accompanies it ;)! I am sure you will have a blast and learn so much. And the girls will gain so much from you coaching them as well!!!

Sound pretty awesome. So are you working with the girls more now or more overseeing everything? Either way it sounds like a good opportunity and I'm sure you're more than qualified.

Sound pretty awesome. So are you working with the girls more now or more overseeing everything? Either way it sounds like a good opportunity and I'm sure you're more than qualified.

I'll be working with the girls a lot more now. For the guys, I'm now working mainly with the upper-level guys, and delegating the rest of the work to my minions (bwahaha, I have minions). For the girls, I'm working a lot with the top one or two groups, and I'll be overseeing/directing the rest of the program, as well as running staff training, etc.

Last edited:
I'll be working with the girls a lot more now. For the guys, I'm now working mainly with the upper-level guys, and delegating the rest of the work to my minions (bwahaha, I have minions). For the girls, I'm working a lot with the top one or two groups, and I'll be overseeing/directing the rest of the program, as well as running staff training, etc.

Sounds great. It's good to see someone working with both boys and girls. Congrats on having minions, haha.

Congrats!!! Like gymgirl19 said, from your posts you sound very knowledgeable and now both girl and boy gymnasts will benefit :)

wow...congrats!! A fantastic opportunity, and what lucky kids to have such a knowledgeble and down to earth coach!!

congratulations on having minions! You give great advice on CB - you will be brilliant! Good Luck and enjoy being the big cheese!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back